Main Menu

1974 Cuda for sale

Started by Deadeye74, July 03, 2018, 09:46:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Deadeye74

RUNCHARGER

Good luck with the sale, that looks like a realistic price on a nice car.
Sheldon

gzig5

Looks like a nice car and fair price.  Where were you three months ago when I bought my 73?  :wrenching:

Deadeye74

RUNCHARGER   :thankyou:

gzig5....Thanks...thats usually the case isnt it...things always happen AFTER something happens.  :unbelievable:

Anyway...it is sold pending pickup tomorrow. Any advice in dealing with a lot of cash..on the 4th of July with banks closed...out in the sticks of PA? I did pick up the counterfeit checking pen & UV light...but even with $100 bills thats a lot to deal with. I have a friend that will be packin watching in the house so that will help some nerves.

Rich G.

I had a guy hand me 20K in cash so Carlisle a few years ago. That's a lot of 100 dollar bills! I bought one of those pens but never used it. I guess the pen thing is probably the only thing you could do at home. Did you happen to call a bank a ask what you should do? Nice car by the way!

anlauto

Yea...that was probably sold too cheap...If a flipper bought it, he'll ask $35K and take $28K  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Deadeye74

@Rich G. ..I didnt ask the bank...but I told him I would be checking the bills and he was ok with that. I will also be getting a video of him loading the car and his tags. Thanks.

@anlauto ...probably so...he is from around Philly so you may see it being sold at Carlisle. Either way...it was just becoming problematic for me to keep.

Just to verify...the title is MD...he is in PA...but all I need to do is sign the title and we are doing a bill of sale...then it doesnt involve me from there correct?

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BMV/BMV%20Fact%20Sheets/fs-buysell.pdf

Reading the above sounds like when out of state sale for a new Pa title car , sign the back indicate the mileage, may need notarized.

Deadeye74

Quote from: 73440 on July 03, 2018, 07:13:17 PM
http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BMV/BMV%20Fact%20Sheets/fs-buysell.pdf

Reading the above sounds like when out of state sale for a new Pa title car , sign the back indicate the mileage, may need notarized.

Right..but I think the "may require notarization on some out-of-state titles" is referring to the law that requires cars under 7 years old must have a notarized bill of sale. When he applies to transfer the tile to PA..he will need the notary for that. PA is a nightmare compared to MD for that..when I moved here and transferred everything was expensive and a runaround to get license..tags and title..inspection.

RzeroB

You can always meet and conduct the actual cash and paperwork transaction at your nearest law enforcement facility. I bought a Kubota front end loader last year and that's what we did. I was carrying a briefcase full of cash and it made me feel better doing the deal there with the boys (and girls) in blue. They're open all year 'round and they really don't mind.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Deadeye74

@RzeroB Yeah thats a good idea...well I'll find out tomorrow. Hardest part will be that I'll be on the outside looking in after 29 years.  :takepicture:

RUNCHARGER

I would do the Police Station thing as well. If he is shaky at all that will put the run on him.
Sheldon

Deadeye74

Well she's gone  :(' ...everything went smooth..except for an hour and a half torrential thunder storm before we could get it loaded up...but had a good chat with buyer in the garage until it let up.

Thanks for the help guys..have a Happy 4th!  :cheers:

Now I can afford to splurge on a new lightbulb for the attic!!   :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Glad it went well. The postpartum takes awhile to go away.
Sheldon

nsmall

Sorry and congratulations at the same time.  Glad to hear it went smooth.