Main Menu

70 Barracuda value, all 10 VINS car BS23H

Started by ramiron, October 06, 2019, 05:25:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 06, 2019, 10:12:07 AM
Wow: I just don't know how that's possible. Materials are at least $5k.
Runcharger, you may want to go for a short drive across the border to Washington state to get your materials. I just bought 1.5 gallons of B5 base coat for my 74 Charger and 2 gallons of clear coat with the reducers for around $500 out the door 2 months ago. 
  On another note, that's a nice 340 Cuda you bought. I'd just make the necessary repairs and drive it. I guy I know from the Seattle area just bought a Charger 500 that looks ratty but he's driving it as is and really enjoying it. It's a cool car.
Enjoy it for what it is.
Terry

JS29

@71vert340  runcharger (Sheldon) did not buy it. ramiron bought it or stole it.  :haha: That was a deal he couldn't refuse!  :congrats:   :twothumbsup:

71vert340

Yes, Ramiron did get a heck of a buy. Congrats and enjoy.
Terry

Katfish

Quote from: anlauto on October 08, 2019, 03:39:39 AM
Who owned the car, Inspector Gadget ?

Now that's funny!
Just need a sunroof and giant spring under the passenger seats for ejections.

Rich G.

I guess my high teens was the closest! LOL.  Good luck! Now you have all that extra money to buy some goodies for the car!

ramiron

nsmall

Congratulations.  So happy it worked out for you and your son.

ramiron

ramiron

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on October 06, 2019, 08:01:51 AM
Trunk lid is probably good but it has two big antenna holes in it unless you plan to keep those. Patching holes when there is bracing underneath is a real pain to make it look good. I could see a good shop charging more to repair those holes than the cost of a new AMD one.
At the time of the original post, I think I misunderstood your comments about the trunk lid having two big holes where the CB antenna's are.  I was thinking of the time back in the day, when I mounted this style antenna on a '72 Duster.  The antenna chrome base could be placed to overlap the trunk lid gap, providing for clamping and antenna wire entering the trunk w/o making a hole.  The car is stored out of state, so I can't examine this yet, which also relates to my additional question.
I think that "Inspector Gadget" routed the wire as mentioned and through the hole circled in this picture.  It appears the wire runs near the trunk lid hinge, leading me to think it is run between trunk lid and body. 
Can you tell me if the circled hole is a factory access hole, since I personally can't look at it for a couple months?
Thanks

6bblgt

yes that's a factory hole in a late '70 decklid

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ramiron

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 29, 2019, 12:33:57 PM
yes that's a factory hole in a late '70 decklid
:thankyou:      Thanks, I suspected that it was, but wanted to confirm.

ramiron

Quote from: anlauto on October 29, 2019, 01:00:20 PM
Is that dynamite ?   :o
:haha:  :rofl:   As someone so aptly put it, "did Inspector Gadget" own it previously??
I have learned that back in the day, he was pretty heavily involved with police and fire,
so I hope those are road flares, BUT what is that switch in the access hole??   :o   :haha:

EB3-GranCoupe

Nice find!  EB7 Jamaica Blue is my second most favorite color, and with the Black top & side molding, and Magnum 500 wheels, it looks sharp even after all these years!

ramiron

Thanks.  I am looking for to seeing it in person in December.