Main Menu

'70 Challenger A66 FY1 w/ FC7 stripe

Started by 303 Mopar, July 06, 2018, 06:14:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-A66/183302421733?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D1cd390c6e54f49c1a2366953e3f27c2f%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D232826910733%26itm%3D183302421733&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

Up for auction is my 70' Challenger which I hate to get rid of but due to circumstances I feel it is best. It is an A66 car not numbers matching anymore but now has a well built 408 stroker in it with very mild cam. Has eagle crank and H beam rods, ported and polished cast iron heads. Aluminum intake and holley 750 carb. Sanderson shorty headers and 2.5" exhaust.

Transmission is a 727 auto with a hughes 3k converter.

Both engine and trans only have around 10k on them

Rear axle is 8.75 with 3.23 sure grip

The body of the car is mostly rust free since its a tx car, has some rust beginning to bubble in front of driver rear tire on quarter panel. It was repainted quite some time ago but has since aquired some dings and scratches but nothing major. Frame rails are not rusty and neither are floors and trunk areas.

I have done a lot of research on this car and I believe it to be a 1 of 1 due to the rare paint code which is fy1 with the fc7 rear stripe but is now a black stripe.  This info has been given to galen govier and he also believes it to be a 1 of 1 due to that and its a very low optioned car for an A66! Originally was no power brake and steering but power brakes have been added.

All glass is pretty good minus the windshield which has a crack and driver window has a chip in it. All chrome trim is there and in pretty good condition also.

Has new engine harness and a dash harness that was gone through and freshened up but for some reason sometimes blinkers dont work. Will come with original dash harness. Heater core is blocked off due to it was leaking and figured if I was gonna do that I might as well replace the dash pad which os cracked pretty bad on it but has a dash cover to go with the car. Also replaced the gage cluster with a different one but I do not remember why, however it will come with the original one. The fuel and temp gage just recently started not functioning at the same time so im guessing the ground on rear of cluster.

Has 15x7 rally wheels in rear and 15x6.5 rally wheels in front with BFG tires all around.

Front end has had all the bushings replaced along with ball joints. Steering is nice and tight in it.

Has an aluminum 4 core radiator but is missing the fan shroud.

Has a 3/8 fuel supply line from tank to engine.

Valance panels are in decent shape but front park lights work but are in poor shape.

Door panels are in pretty good shape and seats all repholstered about 10yrs ago but driver seat has develped a tear on one seam. Has a new headliner also but one of the trim pieces has a corner crack. All windows go up and down fine but driver window needs new roller guides.

There is really just small things this car needs but I do not have the desire to finish it so I hope it goes to someone who will restore it to what it should be. This car has been with me for a long time and really hate to see it go but it must. In my eyes this car is a really great good looking car and always gets attention when I get it out. Thanks for looking and good luck.
On Jul-04-18 at 16:03:19 PDT, seller added the following information:
Added, Both bumpers are a few months old but rear bumper has a ding on driver side.

Forgot to add that this car was built in 10-69 and I believe from my research came with black grill instead of argent which is uncommon for A66 just further makes it very rare. There are no traces of argent anywhere on the grill. 
Also I drive this car a couple times a month to work and back which is 80 mile round trip so it does drive just fine.

The aforementioned things I consider wrong with the car are just minor things and would be easy repairs for someone who had the interest to do so.

xx88man

WOW that is a pretty rare colour combination......I might like it! Neat car
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Good luck with the sale. They sure ran a lot of them through 10-69.
Sheldon

kathyscuda

its a factory column shift bucket seats.
if your goin to go through all the work to install a console,,
wouldn't you  want to install the floor shift column to match ???   

ToddMcF2002

Sold for $16,600.   He gave it away.

Crocha617

Quote from: ToddMcF2002 on July 12, 2018, 02:13:44 AM
Sold for $16,600.   He gave it away.

Looks to have bid up a little over $20,000

ToddMcF2002

The first auction bid over 20K but failed reserve.  The second auction wrapped last night after he dropped reserve to 15K.  It sold at 16.6K

Crocha617

RUNCHARGER

Yep: I don't really watch them anymore as prices are too high for me. Then they slip through. I think it shows unrealistic asking prices don't mean they are selling at that point. It looked like a $20k car at a glance.
Sheldon

ToddMcF2002

The market is definitely up.  72-73's are selling in the 20's without a 4 speed.  High market.  A 70-71 should hit mid 20's unless it's a wreck. 

mopargem

A shame it will probably never have the purple stripe put back on just like the current blk 440-6 cuda on the bay will likely never get its green interior back.

RUNCHARGER

If I restored this Challenger I have to admit I would likely do the purple stripe in paint and then maybe do a decal over it. Rare is cool and all that but I must say it would be hard to live with.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Has anyone ever seen a car or even a picture of a Challenger with a purple stripe?  As long as I've been into Challengers, I never knew purple was a stripe option until this car got discussed this week here and on Moparts!