Main Menu

'70 Challenger RT/SE Plum Crazy - $99,800

Started by 303 Mopar, July 01, 2018, 06:32:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Happy to go look at this one if any one is interested. This car is also on ebay.

http://www.weiscomotorcars.com/1970-Dodge-Challenger/Used-AmericanMuscleCar/Denver-CO/11204021/Details.aspx

1970 Dodge Challenger RT / SE 440 six pack, 4-speed pistol grip done in hard to find plum crazy over Black leather. This Challenger has under gone a Rotisserie restoration done by Claude Thornhill in NC and includes proper assembly markings. Has only been shown once, at MOPAR on the rock in 2014 and won best E-body award. This car has a date-coded 440 but is not the motor the car was born with. According to the fender tag, this car originally came equipped with a chrome LH side mirror (now Plum Crazy) and white side stripes (now Black). You can see form the photos how clean this Challenger is both inside and outside and ready to go to its new collection. The drive train is in good working order and starts up and sounds like a 440 V8 with the six pack should sound like. The inside of this SE pack Challenger has the factory leather seats, overhead console, SE door panels, and pistol grip shifter. The truck is all there with the spare tire, jack, and tools plus truck mat.

JH27N0B

The hard to find plum crazy line made me laugh.  I don't mean to insult any of our FC7 owners here, but sometimes it seems difficult to find E bodies that aren't purple!  It was one of the most common colors in '70.
Nice looking car but the asking price is probably at least $20K high. :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Odd it has a manual foot pump windshield washer with 3 speed wipers...never seen that combo before.... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Not original engine, parts store generic radiator, door jamb hardware is painted, should have a white stripe.... That was only looking briefly at photos, hate to see what a personal inspection would turn up........... $99,800...... Good Luck with that....

716bbl

It probably doesn't matter on the numbers matching or changing options.
Not MANY People restore any of these cars to the way they left the factory.
A Few do, but very Few.
I have never added any options to a V code or R code car of mine.
I always try to improve what a previous Owner changed.
Nice car though.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 716bbl on July 01, 2018, 07:53:06 AM
It probably doesn't matter on the numbers matching or changing options.
Not MANY People restore any of these cars to the way they left the factory.
A Few do, but very Few.
I have never added any options to a V code or R code car of mine.
I always try to improve what a previous Owner changed.
Nice car though.

True, but it does effect the value...

xx88man

Definitely overpriced.....but I would love to own it!   
:burnout:
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Quite a nice car but yes it would have to hit more of the marks to come close to the asking price. It could possibly be a good core to finish it up though. I am not sure it could hit the mark without being matching #'s, not now anyway.
Sheldon

headejm

3.0CSL

So this car has been colour changed to Plum Crazy ?