Main Menu

70 cuda

Started by EBODYBEAR, August 24, 2020, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EBODYBEAR

Hi everyone, I have the opportunity to purchase this 70 cuda v code project. Just wondering what you guys think about it and what a fair price would be. The 440 is included however it is a replacement. Let me know, Thanks!

EBODYBEAR

here are some more pictures

Bpret

Looks like a good starting point very little rust showing. Is that a bench seat in there?

EBODYBEAR

Yes its a bench seat car i believe

Cuda Cody

The body looks great, but the fender tag looks like it was from a rustier car than what is shown in the photos.  Does the body VIN (radiator & cowl) numbers match?

https://www.e-bodies.org/buying-your-first-e-body/vin-numbers/

xx88man

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 24, 2020, 05:37:27 PM
The body looks great, but the fender tag looks like it was from a rustier car than what is shown in the photos.  Does the body VIN (radiator & cowl) numbers match?

https://www.e-bodies.org/buying-your-first-e-body/vin-numbers/

This was my first thought as well. Make sure the stampings on the cowl and rad support match the VIN. If they do and there is no evidence that those numbers have been switched, I think the car is a great starting point.
Keep yer foot in it

cudamadd

Do you have any photos of the under side of this car ?. What rear end is in it ? The dash looks like it  was changed to  a 71 at some point . But the looks good so far good luck  :australia:

RUNCHARGER

I think the tag looks about right, they generally had a bit more surface rust than the adjacent metal (unpainted underneath and no prep I guess). There's yellow paint everywhere on the shell too. Any project car will put you upside down (don't tell your banker) but this one looks like it is worth building.
Sheldon

headejm

You asked about a fair price...what parts come with the car? Is it just what is in the pictures or are other parts included? A restored NOM V-code could sell for $50k - $70k depending on options and quality of the restoration. It is also going to cost about the same $ to restore it. With just the parts shown in the pictures..about $15k max. If all the other parts are included...about $20k max.  :alan2cents:

Shoooter

There seems to be lots of v codes coming out lately.  Looks like a good starting point if you have a good stash of 70 parts.

RUNCHARGER

You're right: I think the high prices are setting these V-codes free from owners that realize they'll never restore them. There's been a bunch lately.
Sheldon

anlauto

I sure would like to find these documented V code Cudas for $15K that people refer to  :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on August 25, 2020, 08:36:58 AM

I sure would like to find these documented V code Cudas for $15K that people refer to  :fingerscrossed:

Yeah good luck... with that. $15k isn't happening on this one unless the seller lives in the woods with no phone or internet. Take a look at the passenger  side rear quarter looks like it been replaced one of those really bad reproductions from back in the day unless it's just a weird angle.

anlauto

@EBODYBEAR are you in Ontario Canada, or Ontario California ?

Do we know the asking price for this Cuda ? Is it already in your Country ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EBODYBEAR

anlauto
Quote from: anlauto on August 25, 2020, 10:38:56 AM
@EBODYBEAR are you in Ontario Canada, or Ontario California ?

Do we know the asking price for this Cuda ? Is it already in your Country ?

Im in ontario canada, and he settled at 22k CAD.