Main Menu

70 FM3 340 D21 $89K

Started by kathyscuda, April 11, 2018, 03:33:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That car is in Canada and been for sale a long time. I think with the modifications he's done, the price is very optimistic.  :bigmoney: would be nice restored back to original. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

one bad fish

What's the car worth with the number's matching drive train back in it? Is the car worth 55-60 K with the 340 back in? With the extra stroker engine - passon performance od tranny etc...try to build/buy all that and you're at 20K or more. 

I would rather have the car the way it's set up now than back to stock. Looks like a fun car but pink just doesn't do it for me...

one bad fish

Just read the entire ad....he doesn't have the original block...

72 Challenger

This car has been listed on Kijiji for years now.

The set up is nice but the price seems well padded. After years of no sale you think he would realise that the price is the issue? Love the colour and looks though. Never seen it close up.
Someday I will have a J0b.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: That one could be for sale for decades.
Sheldon

anlauto

Can we do the math ?
A beautiful correctly restored 1970 340 4spd Cuda is worth  $???
FM3 pink adds how much to that number $???

Would it be worth his asking price of $89K USD ???

How much do the modifications add up to ???

Do the modifications add to the value, or lower the value ???

Do the modifications add or subtract from the potential list of buyers ???

I hate to say it, but all things considered I agree with Kathy ...this car would be lucky to sell for $49K USD

In my opinion....one thing people don't consider when modifying a car to suit their own personal taste is that they are destroying the originality of the car....
It's one thing to claim you have a "super rare" car, which FM3 cars are, but if you've modified to the point where it loses a lot of it's originality, then the one thing that makes it rare is lost too.....
Some FM3 cars have brought extremely high dollars because of their rarity,  but anyone paying that premium for a colour wouldn't touch this car because of the modifications IN MY OPINION  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Of course you're right Alan. As you say the rarity means nothing when it isn't all there. Sure you can modify the car and it is nice and all but if you are going to modify something you can stop bragging about how rare it was in it's original configuration. It's like welding a roof onto a Hemi Convt.
Sheldon

Crocha617

I'm pretty sure I owned that one back in 2012. It was a really solid rust free car.

I'm 99% sure that was the vin# but I can't seem to find a picture of the fender tag right now.

anlauto

When you had it, did it still have the transmission but not the motor ?

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2018, 04:04:54 AM
When you had it, did it still have the transmission but not the motor ?
Yes. I was able to dig out the original transmission but the motor I found didn't match it.

Morty426

Pink cars are actually rather hard to sell.

RUNCHARGER

Special audience all right. This was mine on her last ride with me.
Sheldon

anlauto

I guess he's now going to sell the 340 separate.....I wonder what he'd want for this package?  :clueless:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-engine-parts/north-bay/1970-e-body-340-4-speed-set-up-cuda-challenger/1349950885