Main Menu

70 Only Disc Brake Master Cylinder (SOLD)

Started by VCODE, August 20, 2020, 05:17:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

SOLD: A 1970 Disc Brake Master Cylinder Part # 2944453 Casting # 2229171 It has a new sleeve installed by Brake & Equipment. It has been rebuilt. It is in Excellent Condition. Has the correct gasket # 2229177 More pictures if needed.

Thanks Bob

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

7E-Bodies

I have one exactly like it, rebuilt by the same folks. How much did you let it go for?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 20, 2020, 06:44:30 PM
I have one exactly like it, rebuilt by the same folks. How much did you let it go for?

I think it was $125.....I'll give you $150 for yours  :)

....more like $900 :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

Ok, I realize these are a one year only for a very desirable part. I'm assuming this was date coded original that was rebuilt. I have an NOS one that bought years ago still in the box. It has a date code manufactured in 1975. How much difference in value should that make?

fc7cuda

Mark,

I don't believe the one Bob had was dated 1970, he had pics of it on Moparts but they're gone now.  I'm having a hard time not selling mine too.  Won't be long and they're $1K+  :looney:

Bossgold

I would think that if I am going to spend the money like that it better be correct.  But its funny, on my car its the original Master Cylinder but you can barley see the date code of 0 55 0 anyhow

mk

Quote from: Bossgold on August 22, 2020, 05:03:27 PM
I would think that if I am going to spend the money like that it better be correct.  But its funny, on my car its the original Master Cylinder but you can barley see the date code of 0 55 0 anyhow

Trying to figure out the date codes so for when I look at mine...... is the 55 the 55th day of 1970?

JH27N0B

0 is the year and then a space followed by 3 digits.  One digit must be too faint to see in that wirebushed casting, but hopefully will appear when the part is media blasted.  Would be the 55th day, 155th day, 255th day or 355th day of 1970.

mk

Thanks, what would the other  0  be for?

JH27N0B

I don't think it's an 0, I suspect it's a C.
The one I have that I believe is likely original to my late November 69 SBD Challenger convertible is 9 261 B.  An NOS  I have is 3 173 C, an NOS 9191 hemi I have is 2 353 B and an NOS one I lucked into years ago that I used on my T/A restoration is 0 100 C.

mk

I have an extra core...... any thoughts on these numbers?

JH27N0B

The top row is some sort of Bendix part number, the lower row is the date code.
Like the other one shown,, it's  0 ?87 B.  87th day, 187th day or 287th day of 1970.

mk

Thanks...... so would this date code be okay for an AAR?