Main Menu

71 Barracuda 383 4 speed N96

Started by 1971Y13, July 25, 2021, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

6pack

Nice car i like that they decided to keep it a Barracuda not clone it to a Cuda.  It is so cool the way it was built.

JH27N0B

This is one of those cars you wonder why it was ordered the way it was.  I've heard stories that sometimes people would order base model cars optioned to make them equavalent to the performance model to save on insurance. Though I've also heard 4 speeds would raise insurance rates and often that is why you see some cars with 3 speed manuals behind 340 and 383 engines when you'd think they'd have ordered a 4 speed, but this one is D21.

Skdmark

I was thinking insurance too.
Maybe the original owner did not like all the extra chrome and the fender gills that come with the Cuda.  :notsure:

Neat car nonetheless.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

:rebelflag"
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

My first question,  How does anyone, registry included know that this is the ONLY one ever built like this? 

Isn't that impossible to know one way or the other? 

If there is one then reason would dictate that there would be 2 shaker BH's.  1971's of course. 

cuda hunter

My next question is,     If this N96 was available in 71 on a BH would it be fair to say that the N96 was available on the 1970 model BH? 

Anyone see where I'm going with this? 

cuda hunter

The car does appear to be "over restored". 

Anyone wanna give an opinion as to the actual value of the car on the market? 

I see that it is up to 40K already with 9 days left.  Of course it's gonna get up to 40-45K pretty fast due to the current market. 

top out around 65?  67?       Or does the numbers shaker BH car add 10-20K to the overall value?

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 25, 2021, 08:02:10 PM
The car does appear to be "over restored". 

Car has a lot of things "incorrectly restored" if you ask me. Simple details like the "barracuda" emblem on the hood ? Or the lack of the "by Plymouth" emblem on the tail panel....etc... :drunk:

1971Y13

It's one of one in Galens register maybe? And those numbers are of zero interest because that's a limited number of cars.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

cuda hunter

ah, of course.  only one documented basically.  Documented with that one registry alone. 

RzeroB

Can't say that I have ever seen a BH with N96 before??

As for it being "one of one" ... those claims are all quantitative based on the number of "known" cars ... and as with almost everything Mopar, those "known" numbers are subject to change!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)