Main Menu

'71 Cuda Clone

Started by 303 Mopar, June 12, 2017, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Very nice Cuda. If I have a bigger garage I will be on the phone already.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

EMCD

Thanks. I'm the second owner. I bought it from my buddy at work who literally used the car for storage for 15 years. It was stacked full of clothes, bikes and miscellaneous junk.  Bugged him for 8 years to sell it to me. Finally, he relented. I want the car to go to someon who will love it and use the car. With young kids I don't have an opportunity to use it often enough.

EMCD

Thanks Cody.

Here are specifics on the Cuda:

Pictures too large to post. PM for pictures.

Fully Restored , 2 owner real BS 'Cuda. Car was originally a 1972 'Cuda 340 converted to a 1971 'Cuda. Original 340 #'s matching block and transmission included in the sale. Body was taken down to bare metal and all rust was removed and repaired with new sheet metal. Rust was limited to the lower quarter panels and trunk extensions. USA Car Tool torque boxes and weld in frame rails were added for rigidity. 2 stage Tored Paint with 4 coats of clear coat make this a perfect driver quality show car. I have tons of pictures in various stages or the restoration. Detailed below are all the parts added or modified:

Engine:
Bored .30 360 Block (Original 340 #'s matching block included in the sale)
RHS Heads 2.02/1.60
Eagle Rods and Stoker Crank 408 CID (400+HP)
Edelbrock RPM Airgap Intake
Doug's Ceramic Headers
MagnaFlow 2.5� X Pipe Mandrel Bent
MSD 6DAL Ignition Box
MSD Billet Distributor
CompCam/Lifters
Milidon HV Oil Pump
Milidon 8 qt Track Pan
Holley 770 Carb
Champion 26" 3 Core Radiator with HD Clutch Fan
Transmission/Drivetrain:
B&M Performance Rebuilt Kit
B&M Aluminum Extra Capacity Pan
New Transmission /Cooler Lines
New Yukon 3.73 Ring and Pinion
New SureGrip/Posi
Secondary Transmission Cooler

Interior:
New Seat Covers
New headliner
New 3 Point Seat belts
New Rug kit
New Dash Pad (Steel Core)
Dash Tach Add / AutoMeter Oil and Temp Gauges
DynoMat added to Floor and Roof
Bluetooth Stereo Hidden in the Glove Box
Suspension/Steering:
Firm Feel Stage 3 Power Steering Box
PST Poly Suspension kit
PST 1.03 Torsion Bars
Bilstien RCD shocks
Large Aftermarket Front Sway Bar
Factory Rear Sway Bar
New BGF Tires

Original 14" rims/tires, bumpers, radiator, 3.23 third member, seat belts included in the sale

CudaMoparRay

Came to be a very nice '71 cuda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EMCD

Thank you. Do you all have any recommendations on where I should post it for sale? I think it's a fair price for 1971 clone. It is a real BS Cuda. It seems like 1971 6 cylinders or 318 GC sell for 10-20k needing full resto, motor/tranny, and interior. After that you'd at least have $45k into a BH car.

Cuda Cody

You'll get the most eye balls on it with sites like Ebay.  The facebook groups get a lot of views too.   With a lot of people looking at it also comes the tire kickers.  But hard to beat the traffic Ebay gets.

EMCD

I had it on EBay a few years ago. It got close but not where I wanted. It pricy to post for 7 days it's like $150 with no guarantee it will sell. I had it on FB, got a lot of trade offers, cars, 15 lbs of weed, herd of goats, DJ equipment, etc. kind of funny really.

anlauto

I've found Cars on Line to be successful ....Most likely it will end up overseas  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

EMCD

Great. I'll look into it. Is it a pay site?

anlauto

Quote from: EMCD on August 27, 2017, 10:59:30 AM
Great. I'll look into it. Is it a pay site?

YES...One price...ad runs until sold.....Worked three times for me.

6bblgt

Quote from: EMCD on August 27, 2017, 10:19:45 AM
I had it on EBay a few years ago. It got close but not where I wanted. It pricy to post for 7 days it's like $150 with no guarantee it will sell.

that might not be the current eBay private party price structure  :thinking:

76orangewagon

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 27, 2017, 11:28:04 AM
Quote from: EMCD on August 27, 2017, 10:19:45 AM
I had it on EBay a few years ago. It got close but not where I wanted. It pricy to post for 7 days it's like $150 with no guarantee it will sell.

that might not be the current eBay private party price structure  :thinking:

I Sold my Duster on eBay back in June and my initial listing fee was $30 since I added a few extras like bigger Pictures, once it sold I was billed an additional $150 or so...

That's a real nice looking Cloned 71 you have there..... if it weren't for the 72 taillight/trunk molding it would be almost impossible to distinguish from an original.

EMCD

Ya, I'm pretty sure I screwed something up while selling the cuda on eBay. I'll check out the other site and post it up soon. I almost changed the rear to the 1971 style, but I liked the 72-74 molding better. If I wanted to keep it long term, I'd do an AAR hood, black out the fenders like an original AAR to, drop on the Lou reed back windows, add fitech efi and Tank inc gas tank and pump, air conditioning, then for a final add I'd do a gear vendors over drive. But, this would run me about $15k and I have dumped enough $$ into the car already.

EMCD

I put on cars online today. 4 pictures, runs until sold for $45. It sure would be nice to send it on its way to a forum member.