Main Menu

72 AMX

Started by Spikedog08, April 18, 2017, 01:32:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Saw this today and thought of Brads70  . . . think he was thinking about buying one.   No price on it but I did get the phone number if interested.  Not mine . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Really cool!  Haven't seen one of those in a long time.   :wowzers:  It's got Brads name all over it.   ;)

Brads70

Cool!  :drooling:  I wonder what he is asking? Tail lights are the main difference between 71-72
I followed a real nice one on e-bay a couple months back , mustard yellow , AMX ,1971 ,auto, it only got bid up to 11,500 with the reserve not being met.  They just don't bring the money. I'm cool with that as I don't care about the value. Problem is the owners see the prices going up with other makes and assume it does for AMC's as well. 

Brads70

Here is one I was following....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/292025744665?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is what I want to build.....

ChallengerHK

Definitely a 71. I had one just like it.

Brads70

Quote from: ChallengerHK on April 18, 2017, 04:12:13 PM
I think its a 72  by the tail lights. 71 didn't have the grid pattern.

Spikedog08

I don't know the diffenences but the for sale sign said 72 . . .  :bigthumb:

cuda hunter

Good looking car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ChallengerHK

Quote from: Brads70 on April 18, 2017, 04:32:32 PM
Quote from: ChallengerHK on April 18, 2017, 04:12:13 PM
I think its a 72  by the tail lights. 71 didn't have the grid pattern.

You're right   :D  I keep forgetting that the one I had, the previous owner had put a later grille and a later tail panel on.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

303 Mopar

These cars are really unique, hardly ever see one.  The fenders and dash are amazing and really make this car stand out.   :twothumbsup:

Cuda Cody

Not a lot of Muscle Cars left that look that good and you can still get a decent price.     :alan2cents:

Burdar

That would be a really cool build Brad. What body mods do the track cars have? It looks really wide. I assume the bodies had to fit a template to be legal?

Spikedog08

Again I have contact info for this car if anyone is interested!   :ohyeah:

Brads70

Quote from: Burdar on April 19, 2017, 06:58:28 PM
That would be a really cool build Brad. What body mods do the track cars have? It looks really wide. I assume the bodies had to fit a template to be legal?

The wheel wells are modified ( cut bigger) so they can run lower , other than that I'm not sure if any other body mods are done?