Main Menu

72 Barracuda project NM craigs

Started by mopartaz, May 06, 2020, 05:32:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

On the surface looks like it might be a great deal for someone.  :takemymoney:

JS29

gzig5

It looks like the 72 that was my first car back in '83, except this one has a lot less rust.  If it were closer, I'd buy it.  Needs a lot less work than the 73 I'm currently working on.

Mrbill426

Does not look too bad; not as rough as mine was.

anlauto

HOLY CRAP....that would be a smokin deal for somebody....wish I was closer...a rust free shell like that is worth gold up here.... :alan2cents:

How come nobody posted the first picture in the "babe" section ? :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

Good thing they washed it off first....  :haha:

Mrbill426

I am curious, was there more than one wiper motor installed on the '72 model?  This car has a black "can" cover over it that sticks up; the one on my '72 has no cover... it's just flat with a reddish goop on the wires.  Looks unfinished actually.

anlauto

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 07, 2020, 11:26:33 AM
I am curious, was there more than one wiper motor installed on the '72 model?  This car has a black "can" cover over it that sticks up; the one on my '72 has no cover... it's just flat with a reddish goop on the wires.  Looks unfinished actually.

This car has the standard 2 speed wiper motor, is yours a 3 speed possibly ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chargerdon

I have a 74 Challenger that the wiper motor is like the one in the picture.   Motor goes straight up..  Its a two speed wiper motor and they are available from any auto parts store for around $50-70.    I believe there was also a "variable speed" wiper on some E bodies possibly as an option.   Those (i have one in my 66 Charger) the motor lies parallel with the firewall.   They are harder to find and cost 10 times as much...$400-$600. 

JS29

On the two speed the one for a B-Body wont work on an E-Body and vise a versa.  :alan2cents:

Mrbill426

This is it

Quote from: anlauto on May 07, 2020, 11:33:04 AM

This car has the standard 2 speed wiper motor, is yours a 3 speed possibly ?

JS29

Yes it's a three speed or on some years a variable speed.  :yes:

ledphoot

good deal on a solid project, I love '72 Cudas.