Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda cuda

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 28, 2022, 12:14:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Is the broadcast sheet listed on Barry's lists? 

We would like to see more pictures of the car.   
Not seller type pictures!  Congrats on the purchase!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

HP_Cuda

Without the data tag or the broadcast sheet we will never know if it was optioned with the leather interior.

Good luck on your restoration.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

autoxcuda

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 22, 2022, 01:12:46 PM

Without the data tag or the broadcast sheet we will never know if it was optioned with the leather interior.

Good luck on your restoration.

Not 100%.

But I would document the overhead console wiring, door ajar switch in door sill, and it's connection to the dash wiring. There's a bunch of unique stuff to that.

So IF it's all there that points the overhead console being original... Overhead console = leather interior (& maybe cloth insert seat too?)

After that, skid plate K-member is another clue.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

70_440-6Cuda

Believe it or not the broadcast sheet turned up on Barry's list - sent him the documentation and just waiting for confirmation -  :fingerscrossed:

I will post some decent pics when I get a chance - just cleaned out the garage so I have some space to work.  Going to raise the front end, replace the front seats with stock ones I located and drive it until I either have the broadcast sheet or confirmation that it is not available.

There are so many nuances with these cars and I really appreciate all of the info and comments - keep 'em coming.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Mr Cuda

Go buy a lottery ticket. NOW!!
Just added massive value to your purchase.
Mine has no build sheet,  but from LA, so no hope

70_440-6Cuda

Right??  I don't have it yet, so we will see - I am hoping to get the broadcast sheet and start bringing it back little by little over time.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

70_440-6Cuda

autoxcuda is this the K member skid plate you are referring to?  I am not familiar with the details of the skid plate - thanks

JS29

@70_440-6Cuda  Yes that is a skid plate, There should be A big washer or coin as some call it. There are numbers on it, they can help you it date the car.  :alan2cents:

Blowout

@JS29 got any pics to show what you're referring to? Or anyone else?

Racer57

Quote from: anlauto on June 01, 2022, 05:20:36 AM
Maybe someone is buying it for what it is, and how it looks now, and could care less about numbers and options...they might just think its a "cool car"  :dunno:

We have to keep reminding ourselves that not everybody who loves these cars cares about tags and numbers and paperwork....they are just cool cars 8)
My car is a BH, not BS. BUT as long as I own it its a CUDA because its my car and I'll do whatever the hell I want to do to it because its mine ! On the other hand if it was a BS, Id be scared to drive it and would be paranoid about making sure everything is correct and not really enjoy the car. Thats just the way I am. My brother has a 1976 Vette with 30,000 miles, majority were already on it when he bought it in 78. He looks at it. Whhopppee

p.s. I had it since 2014 and not one person has ever looked that the vin and told me "This isn't a Cuda !"  No one cares, its just a cool car.  :D

JS29

@Blowout  Sorry I don't but, someone must have one. @Cuda Cody must have some, and more about the numbers and what they mean.   :cheers:

autoxcuda

Quote from: JS29 on June 24, 2022, 11:37:33 AM
@70_440-6Cuda  Yes that is a skid plate, There should be A big washer or coin as some call it. There are numbers on it, they can help you it date the car.  :alan2cents:

Nice skid plate!

If you carefully look and feel for a stamping in the front ledge of the K-member you might see the date stamp. Clean with light steel wood for light brillo pad. Be careful the stamping can be very light.

Sometimes there isn't a coin.

This is a late 69 B-body K-member

Examples of how to read dates:

0548 2 * Friday 2/23/68 shift 2
1548 2 * Sunday 6/2/68 shift 2
2548 2 * Tuesday 9/10/68 shift 2
3548 2 * Thursday 12/19/68 shift 2

More info here:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/engine-transmission-and-rear-end/4/k-member-identification-location/648/

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

Great info!  I am learning a TON here - thanks!  I will have the car up in the air this weekend and will try to post some pics.  Hoping to get the broadcast sheet in the next 2-4 weeks if possible.  It is  a really cool experience trying to piece it all together and hoping I found a diamond in the rough - one can only hope!

@Racer57 I agree - I intend to drive this thing and have fun teaching my 13 yo the joy of building an old car and turning your own wrenches.  We have been combing the forums and looking for parts that are date code correct - not worrying about making it perfect off the bat - this will be a long term one piece at a time to make it period correct, not a 100 point show car.

What I am trying to do is really verify what I have, and if I can get the broadcast sheet I am aware of what the "potential" value of the car could be so I will make my choices accordingly - if there is no broadcast sheet then the value is somewhat diminished and I will be less concerned about factory correct parts.  Either way, it will be a fun project with my son. 

Thanks to everyone here - love the education and dialogue.

6pack

Having or not having a build sheet is no big deal.  You get what you get and buy what you can afford.  Most people don't turn a car they want down just because there is no built sheet.  You purchased a great car enjoy it.