Main Menu

71 cuda for sale

Started by dmastr3665, June 24, 2020, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dmastr3665

Shoooter

Are project cars really going for that much money now? If so what are completed cars going for?

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Shoooter on June 24, 2020, 08:12:44 PM
Are project cars really going for that much money now? If so what are completed cars going for?

Seriously, $25K for a ratty 318 car with a 440 thrown in it?  Maybe I need to increase the agreed value of my car with Hagerty... :thinking:

cudamadd

Here in Australia that is a more then fair price ,I have showed a couple friends the car and I would not be surprised if that car comes here .  A 71 ebody with next to no rust ralley dash front disc brakes rebuild front suspension I think we could be all over that car .I always have people asking me if they know were there is a cheap barracuda .With the amount of money people here spend on their cars ,you just never know  .Seven years back I sold a  70 G-code barracuda complete car LESS engine and transmission needing front and back windscreens ,rust repairs in the floor needing and full suspension rebuild ,Grill  repair, and needing a full trim I got $28 k this is  just to let you know the type of prices that muscle cars bring here .A friend of mind as  a 71 super bee 440+6 hemi orange 4 speed and sunroof car with the pop up air intake .Car has been there since 1973 trouble is it was converted to Right hand drive way way back any  my point is he has been oftherd around $ 135 k. And the cars needs to be restored plus it's r/h drive fire wall chopped up and so on .So I am back on track now and it's only my 2 cents it's a fair price in your eyes  :australia:

sdweatherman

Cudamadd, I just caught your post here about your friends 71 sunroof Superbee. Do you know if that is a true factory sunroof car? If so, I do not have that one in the Sunroof Registry yet. Any chance you have some pictures of the car to send me? moparsunroofregistry@gmail.com Thanks!
Scott.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I think it's a crazy price but I guess when done a 71 Barracuda will likely bring $10k or $15k more than a similar 70 Barracuda. So the math works I suppose.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

That's been for sale for quite some time.  I think it's too much.  Apparently so does everyone else. 

a friend of mine sold a 71 barracuda here in Colorado for 28K running,titled and driving with a lot of rebuilt parts.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

docmel

Something to consider is how many 71 Barracudas in toto were made compared to 1970.  In 71, less than 19k barracudas, no matter what options, were made.  Look at the big car auction shows.  71's have almost ceased to go across the floor.  That affects price   

Shoooter

19k? I thought it was just over 10,000 total barracuda, cuda and gC. Didnt realize the number was that high

anlauto

18690 1971 Plymouth E Bodies for US production, not counting Canada or export... is the published number :dunno:

How about this comparison of the 1971 Model year:

18,690 Plymouth E Bodies
149,678 Ford Mustangs
114,630 Chev Camaros

So ask yourself why 50 years later the 1971 Cuda is so expensive, why parts manufactures charge so much for aftermarket parts. :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RacerX

Quote from: Shoooter on July 23, 2020, 05:55:34 PM
19k? I thought it was just over 10,000 total barracuda, cuda and gC. Didnt realize the number was that high

Just over 10k is the number I've been hearing for many years also...

Where did these other ~8k come from?

Smallblock340

Quote from: RacerX on July 23, 2020, 09:14:05 PM

Hamtramck? ;)
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

RacerX

Quote from: Smallblock340 on July 23, 2020, 09:42:08 PM

Hamtramck? ;)

or maybe even L.A....       :ohyeah:

anlauto

The number's I found are:

BH23-1B =9,459
BH27-1B =1,014
BP23-1B =1,615
BS23-1B =6,228
BS27-1B =374
TOTAL     =18690

That would be US production of 1971 Plymouth E Bodies  :dunno: