Main Menu

Anybody have any spare change

Started by js27, January 29, 2019, 06:03:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I'd drive that as-is before resto. Of course I'd have to live in it.
Sheldon

anlauto

That's not a bad price I guess, lets say $1.4 mil after a nice restoration.....the other day you guys were saying these should sell for close to $2 mil being a 4 speed, this one is an auto so maybe a little less.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Didn't a 1970 Hemi Challenger conv just go across the auction block recently?

Chryco Psycho

JH27N0B

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 29, 2019, 07:56:44 PM
Didn't a 1970 Hemi Challenger conv just go across the auction block recently?
A twin to this (FJ5) except 4 speed sold for 1.65M at Kissimmee Mecum a year or two back.
Limited number of players in this high end of the market, maybe no one interested in a restoration project currently?

Chryco Psycho

Unfortunatly way out of my price range , $1 mil + in disposable income is just a pipe dream

benlavigne

Brads70

Wrong colour for me, for that reason I'm out.  :P

BS27R1B

These owners have continuously missed the mark on selling this car. This started three years ago when they first ran it on eBay. The market was very hot then just after the Hemi E-body display at MCACN. There were several very interested buyers at the time but their unwillingness to openly discuss the car and possible sale did nothing to take advantage.

This car is not a strong seller due to the previous panel replacements, engine block disfiguration, Less than stellar documentation and of course the prospect of properly restoring such an iconic Hemi car.

They are now advertising again not long before the purple 4 speed car goes to auction at Mecum. That car has a much better history and appeal due to the 4 speed and much better condition.

Hope it sells for them but they have misshandled marketing this car. They have the best entry point on the car why not spend the money and have the car properly restored and then bring it to market? Surely they will be more apt to recover their investment and then some.
"  objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are "

anlauto

Quote from: BS27R1B on February 02, 2019, 05:59:05 AM

They have the best entry point on the car why not spend the money and have the car properly restored and then bring it to market? Surely they will be more apt to recover their investment and then some.

This is the best point ever, but unlikely they have the $100K+ it needs for restoration...maybe it's greed holding them back from making a deal, but it would be nice falling into the hands of someone willing to bring it back to it's ''day one'' condition.

Whatever happened to The Brother's Collection ? I'm sure they own a couple Hemi Challenger convertibles now, but they should also find it in their heart to save another one just for kicks... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

I heard a rumor last year the Brothers Collection isn't buying any more cars.
Maybe they ran out of garage space?  :haha:

RUNCHARGER

I think the reality is that there a finite number of people that have the means and commitment to own a car of this stature. Those people want the best example they can find and if it takes $200,000 more to buy a better example they have no problem justifying that slight cost.
Sheldon

A.Gramz

what's a Hemi rag worth with a none numbers hemi eng.  Needing a restoration?

anlauto

Quote from: A.Gramz on February 02, 2019, 12:01:13 PM
what's a Hemi rag worth with a none numbers hemi eng.  Needing a restoration?

$1.25 mil