Main Menu

BS23V, FE5, D21, N96, $89K

Started by kathyscuda, April 05, 2018, 04:06:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Maybe someone should contact the car's owner and see what his opinion of the sheet is? The ad states he's had the car for 30+ years, so he should know the history behind the sheet ?
If it is indeed "FAKE" then it's a pretty good fake, because that one blurry picture of it looks pretty real to me... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I well understand why the guys that really know sheets don't type on a public forum what is wrong with them. The last thing we want to do is educate the guys that fake the sheets. They read the forums too.
Sheldon

6bblgt

Quote from: GY3R/T on April 08, 2018, 07:22:41 PM
:pullinghair:    What kind of reply is this ?!??  " Fake sheet - Lots of problems "   "The sheet color was somthing to keep to myself "   " There's a pile more wrong then the VON number, you don't see the mistakes ? "    :huh:    IF you guys have knowledge about decoding These broadcast sheets, and guys/gals are inquiring, THEN SHARE !!!   :notsure: Are you teasers or Teachers.      :brainiac:
     Don't hoard you knowledge !!!    GMAB !!!

enough info was given to warn interested buyer's about the legitimacy of the sheet  :deadhorse:
:thinking: - should I spell out all the issues so the next fraudulent sheet made for this car is correct?

I believe the remark @HEMICUDA made was just some :pokeeye: aimed at @anlauto

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-1971-1972-74-Road-Runner-BROADCAST-SHEET-Charger-Challenger-Cuda-RT/152964933709?hash=item239d6ba84d:g:8VAAAOSwr0ZXNoYF&vxp=mtr

Morty426

Quote from: GY3R/T on April 08, 2018, 07:22:41 PM
:pullinghair:    What kind of reply is this ?!??  " Fake sheet - Lots of problems "   "The sheet color was somthing to keep to myself "   " There's a pile more wrong then the VON number, you don't see the mistakes ? "    :huh:    IF you guys have knowledge about decoding These broadcast sheets, and guys/gals are inquiring, THEN SHARE !!!   :notsure: Are you teasers or Teachers.      :brainiac:
     Don't hoard you knowledge !!!    GMAB !!!

It's a double edge sword.  If they point out everything that was wrong you the fakers get better at creating fake sheets. 

One thing that is super obvious in A62 and N85 - they live together on the sheet and on the tag - they are missing from the tag so one or both pieces of documentation are fake. 

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on April 08, 2018, 07:36:38 PM
Maybe someone should contact the car's owner and see what his opinion of the sheet is? The ad states he's had the car for 30+ years, so he should know the history behind the sheet ?
If it is indeed "FAKE" then it's a pretty good fake, because that one blurry picture of it looks pretty real to me... :dunno:

Yea, that was a little jab at Allan, I like reading his posts even when they're a little sideways. :D  When you're a respected member and people listen to your opinion, especially about something as important as a broadcast sheet, care must be taken what is written.  When comments are made like, "pretty good fake" or "looks pretty real to me", about a piece that has glaring issues my be a problem for any prospective buyer.  This great forum Cody created deserves accurate information coming from the guys "in the know".  And yes, there are bits and pieces of information that my not get shared in a public forum atmosphere.

anlauto

I really enjoy these threads too....but my opinions are nothing but honest....I know about 1/100 of what you experts know when it comes to BCS. If I was in the market to buy this car....I would have thought there was nothing wrong with that sheet based on that one blurry picture.
Now I know better....I appreciate learning new things just like everybody else. :alan2cents:

I've emailed the seller to see what his thoughts are.....
My emailed question: I was wondering if you knew the history of the car's documentation ? Did you have the broadcast sheet made ? A couple of experts have viewed your ad and claimed without a doubt that the broadcast sheet in your ad is a FAKE ???
You can read what they have to say in this thread: https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/bs23v-fe5-d21-n96-dollar89k/6260/  Please join the forum and add any information you might have.

Thank you...Alan

His reply: Alan, Yes I have the ORIG build sheet for the car and the VIN number is visable and yes it is BS23V , and I know the complete history of this car.It was sold brand new in the county that I live in and spent its whole life here. It has been with the same owner for the last 30+ years.      Thanks   PS   The photo of the broadcast sheet is between 2 pieces of plastic where it was put in to when it was found 30 years ago.     Thanks

So maybe he was duped 30 years ago ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Just got a second email from the seller. He bought it only a few years ago, but has know about it for 30+ years. :notsure:

Allan , People should not GOSSIP about things they don't know !!!!   I have known of this car for over 30 years and I finally had a chance to buy it a few years ago and have enjoyed it  and now it is time to pass it on to some one who will luv it as much as me.    Thanks

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2018, 05:22:05 AM
Just got a second email from the seller. He bought it only a few years ago, but has know about it for 30+ years. :notsure:

Allan , People should not GOSSIP about things they don't know !!!!   I have known of this car for over 30 years and I finally had a chance to buy it a few years ago and have enjoyed it  and now it is time to pass it on to some one who will luv it as much as me.    Thanks

Maybe the owner duped him and he's just an ignorant flipper?    :bradsthumb:

RUNCHARGER

Facts are facts. It doesn't matter who did the transgression.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Having the car for 30 years and knowing about the car for 30 years are two different things.

This guy was obviously duped and wants to get out of the mistake he made. Now if we can find the prior seller and see what documentation he has would be really interesting eh?

I'm sure it would be illuminating at least.

:bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RUNCHARGER

I like the look of the car all right. Correct docs = $$$$ though.
Sheldon

6bblgt

there have been fake sheets for decades - here are a few of the "ISSUES"  :unbelievable: there are many more!!

If someone wants to participate in the "GOSSIP" & learn, I believe clear pics or a high quality scan will clearly show where the sheet was modified to appear to match the subject 'cuda

the former owner may have been duped also - "LOST" or "REWARD OFFERED" ads have resulted in FAKE engines, broadcast sheets, other being created to sell to the car owner  :bigmoney:

anlauto

Well...now it's obvious  :twothumbsup: .....I don't even know how you guys were able to see those numbers on that blurry picture :tired:

kdcarman

Let me test my understanding:

The trim tag does not have the codes for rally dash and tach.
So the trim tag does not match the options on the car.

And the codes on the trim tag do not match the codes on the build sheet.
And the color of the build sheet is not the same as the build sheet printed before and after.

Therefore it appears the build sheet and trim tag are suspect?

anlauto

Yea, the more I read into this the more confused I get....If the sheet is a reproduction yet the tag is original, why not make the sheet match the tag....the obvious different numbers don't make sense. :clueless:

If the tag is a reproduction, why not make it match the sheet ? :clueless: :clueless:

If both are reproductions, then why not make them match each other  :clueless: :clueless: :clueless:

Messed up VON's is one thing, but different radio codes and such, make no sense.....