Main Menu

BS23V, FE5, D21, N96, $89K

Started by kathyscuda, April 05, 2018, 04:06:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2018, 04:03:49 PM
Yea, the more I read into this the more confused I get....If the sheet is a reproduction yet the tag is original, why not make the sheet match the tag....the obvious different numbers don't make sense. :clueless:

If the tag is a reproduction, why not make it match the sheet ? :clueless: :clueless:

If both are reproductions, then why not make them match each other  :clueless: :clueless: :clueless:

Messed up VON's is one thing, but different radio codes and such, make no sense.....

Fakers have not put in the 100s of hours needed to create accurate fake tags and sheets.  They go to a de-coder and just plug in what the customer wants.  They don't know the details.  Things are different by plant and by year. 

So they end up nonsense.  However that does not stop some from trying harder to deceive. 

anlauto

Yea, but now that Dan has pointed out some of the more OBVIOUS issues....my 15 year old kid could have done a better job....maybe it's an original sheet modified to somewhat match the car :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on April 09, 2018, 05:48:31 PM
Yea, but now that Dan has pointed out some of the more OBVIOUS issues....my 15 year old kid could have done a better job....maybe it's an original sheet modified to somewhat match the car :drunk:

I don't think it is a mod

The eBay auction listed has a guy that makes sheets that look old

Dan also left out other things I am sure

HP_Cuda

We need to be careful to not give out too much info on how to spot fakes.

Maybe create a members only area to talk about this because we don't need to give out info like CSI.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Timbbuc2

This is a very educational thread and yes I agree if too much is reviled the counter fitters will get better , also like was said it a double edge sword, but it is worth the conversation for ill-advised people like me to know. Thanks for the thread. You guys/gals know your sht.
Get in, I'll drive

JS29

Like what @HP_Cuda said, Members only section, and you need so many post's to gain access.     :thinking:

anlauto

I'm sure the counterfeiters have it perfected by now... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Morty426

Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2018, 11:19:12 AM

Sadly this might be true

Luckily most of them are too lazy to do the work

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on April 10, 2018, 11:19:12 AM

I would like to think that we're kinda past that now with the power of the internet and the education of the over all Mopar community. What once ran ram-pied  in our hobby, hopefully will be coming to an end. :fingerscrossed:

GY3R/T

R-37 in a 70 E-body ? ... :foul: