Main Menu

Challenger TA for sale

Started by blown motor, October 27, 2018, 12:38:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Looking at the under hood pictures of the AAR I see a number of things wrong.  Missing exhaust manifold heat shield, parts store master cylinder, wrong booster check valve, aftermarket air filter, wrong pcv valve and should be painted with engine, dipstick handle should be black, access panels on inner fenders that are painted body color rather than black usually on driver quality restorations, appear missing altogether, plated oil cap, and heater hoses strapped together by a metal band.
Most of the items I listed are available as restoration parts so when I see those wrong on a car I know it wasn't done at a top shop or by someone who did their homework.
Don't get me wrong, it appears to be a nice driver/local show quality car which few wouldn't be proud to own. And much of the details I list could be easily fixed or updated.  But it's still never going to be a concours car.
From what I see of today's market, there are guys with deep pockets who will pay really big money for the right car, right color, documentation, high quality resto or unrestored, numbers, and preferably 4 gear.  Anything less tends to linger on the market because the upper middle class car fan doesn't have the means to buy a nice but not perfect car like they used to in the 2005-7 era.
That's why you see such big differences in price between nice and top quality cars IMO.  :alan2cents:

kdcarman

Quote from: mjb765 on October 27, 2018, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 27, 2018, 01:18:38 PM
Quite nice. Wrong trans for me.

Me too

You would think for that kind of money they could have at least cleaned the carpet or put some floor mats in it. That drivers side carpet looks very dirty.

That was exactly my reaction.   

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: xx88man on October 28, 2018, 07:42:50 AM
I'm far from a pro....can someone please tell me some examples of where the quality is lacking on the restoration of that AAR? 
:help:    :notsure:

It doesn't have Goodyear Polyglas tires.... And it actually looks like someone may have driven it..... WTH were they thinking????   Sorry Alan the AAR is the one I'd buy.... Accept I ain't buying nothing...  And if I were it would have to be a 4spd....  What I'd like to know is why is there a 71 grille being painted with whats supposed to be the AAR on the rotisserie???

GrandpaKevin

The battery in the show poodle sure doesn't look original :rubeyes:

That sticks out more than radial tires to me. :alan2cents: but to me unless a T/A or AAR has 3 pedals I'm not interested.

blown motor

All the talk on price point has really got me thinking about exactly where I stand on what I will buy next. It's a gorgeous car but I wouldn't buy it. For that money I can have one car that is too nice to drive or two very nice cars that I wouldn't be afraid to drive at any time. And as you know, I love to drive them.  :burnout:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel