68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Quite nice. Wrong trans for me.
Sheldon

anlauto

Too bad it's not a bench seat, column shift.... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Personally, I think that's an insane price! But then, what do I know of the ways of the T/A cognoscenti and those who have wallets that care not?  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

kathyscuda

theres a rotis restored fc7 aar for 65k on ebag.
HALF PRICE

anlauto

Do you have a link ? I can't seem to find the car you're talking about ?   :dunno:

Is $65K USD really "HALF" of $90K USD ?  Must be this "new math" people keep talking about  :thinking:  :pullinghair:  :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mjb765

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 27, 2018, 01:18:38 PM

Me too

You would think for that kind of money they could have at least cleaned the carpet or put some floor mats in it. That drivers side carpet looks very dirty.

jimynick

Quote from: mjb765 on October 27, 2018, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 27, 2018, 01:18:38 PM

Me too

You would think for that kind of money they could have at least cleaned the carpet or put some floor mats in it. That drivers side carpet looks very dirty.
You'd think, that for that kind of money, they'd have Sofia Vergara, naked in the front seat, holding a bag with $50,000 in it! Just sayin'  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

I just found this one for relisted for $69.5K USD ? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-/302935367971?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10  , if so the quality of the restoration is NOWHERE near the one asking $90k USD.

When trying to compare asking prices of two different cars, you have to consider many different aspects.  :alan2cents:

kathyscuda

alan, every member on this site would be tickled to own that FC7 AAR.
your thinking is too rich for some of us.
I have a 1,000 ft dirt driveway so any car painted on the underside is goin to be a dirty mess.will I crawl under there and polish it.
HELL NO.
so you can buy the 90k over restored T/A .
im happy with the 60k AAR.
and most people at the cruise nights will look at the aar and say hey that's a nice chevelle. lol

anlauto

Well Kathy, you can complain about the $90K Show poodles all you want, but they do exist...and there's a reason for that, and it has to do with rarity, documentation and quality of restoration. You can't look at one of these $90K cars and say it's not worth it because there's similar ones out there for $60K and they're really not that similar in quality. Just because you say it's too much for you, doesn't mean there isn't a buyer for the car out there.

As for me....There's a lot you don't know.....I can't even afford to own an E Body, it's been years since I've even owned a classic car....I recently borrowed money from the bank to buy a project AAR hoping to flip it and make a few bucks to pay down our debt....My wife and I owe more money now on our house then when we bought it 15 years ago, plus we have two kids going to university in the next five years.....I will likely NEVER be able to EVER afford another classic car in my lifetime.  :alan2cents: So enjoy your dirt road and the car you have, cause it's more then some of us will ever have. :drinkingbud:

RUNCHARGER

I like the show poodles but I like to drive them too. I'm not rich either so sweat equity makes it happen. You don't have to buy done stuff to make things happen.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

Hard to see the quality of restoration on the T/A, by the quality of the pics. Is there more info on
     another site ?   

xx88man

I'm far from a pro....can someone please tell me some examples of where the quality is lacking on the restoration of that AAR? 
:help:    :notsure:
Keep yer foot in it