Main Menu

Finally looking for a project

Started by bcbassfishing, March 29, 2020, 07:57:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

bcbassfishing

It's been a tough road since I joined here, but the time has come I"m looking for a project car now (budget is under 10K).  I spent the last 7 months trying to sell my house and get my ex out of my life yet still spend as much time with my 11 year old son as posssible.  Even spent 2 months camped out in a tent close to my work lol.  Well My house is sold and just sealed the deal on a new house so time to find something to plug up the shop space.  I'm in British Columbia so anything would have to be reasonable distance from here.  I"m open to just about any e body and would consider a demon or early duster as well.. maybe even a B-body.  I'm very open to idea's at this point.... just looking to get my foot back in the door again.   Thanks for an amazing group of people on this site... I cruise it just about every day.

RUNCHARGER

I'll let you know if I find a Cuda Derek.
Sheldon

bcbassfishing

thanks bud... have a feeling i'll be more in the market value of a round tail light car or one of them frowny faced dodge versions unfortunatly.. but better than being without for the last 8 years though.

70 Challenger Lover

I'm glad to see your okay with that. You should be able to find a decent e body in the later years. Early years are just too pricey these days.

bcbassfishing

Kinda what I'm having to accept now..  Big step back from my 70 440-6 car or my 71 340 4spd from back when I was heavily involved with the hobby.

6pack

I have been in your shoes 40 years ago.  With a $10k project, you will have way more in it than near its worth plus all the time and aggravation.  Plus, you will not be driving it in the time you can save up the cash to make a great purchase.  Save up some more and you will be ahead of the game.

bcbassfishing

played this game for along time... I still know of good cashes of used parts around and allot of stuff is still serviceable with elbow grease.  Show quality restored is way different then I'm going.  I can do most of the work myself as well which takes allot of the hit away.

jimynick

You could always call crazy Mike at Rust Valley Restorers. You never know, and as you're flexible, it'll go easier for you. Good luck  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

bcbassfishing

Quote from: jimynick on March 29, 2020, 08:41:11 PM
You could always call crazy Mike at Rust Valley Restorers. You never know, and as you're flexible, it'll go easier for you. Good luck  :cheers:

met up with him about 10 yrs ago...  kind of guy if you got to know him you could form a building relationship with.   Wish we he would have taken me seriously when I was up that way with a pocket full of cash and was building cars full time.

71vert340

mopartaz

Tons of cool stuff on that website. $25 to register. Wonder if the prices listed are the final $ ? or a current bid? So what if it has a salvage title as long as its clean and repairable. Worth a look, but couldn't find where they are located.

7E-Bodies

IMHO "round tail light" cudas are the best looking at the best prices. I can say this having owned a 73. Loved it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Chryco Psycho

Congrats on surviving the worst part , been there , at least you can move forward again .
I had a 74 Chall for a while & sitting in the driver seat with the ralley gauges , bulge hood & pistol grip it sure feels the same !!

bcbassfishing

Quote from: 71vert340 on March 29, 2020, 10:01:34 PM
Here's an interesting site to check out:
http://repairablecars-forsale.com/cars_for_sale/1970-Dodge-Challenger.html
Terry

Some pretty tempting looking stuff on there... has anyone ever delt with them?  seems wwwaaaaayyyyyy to good to be true.  You know what that usually means.

anlauto

Quote from: bcbassfishing on March 30, 2020, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: 71vert340 on March 29, 2020, 10:01:34 PM
Here's an interesting site to check out:
http://repairablecars-forsale.com/cars_for_sale/1970-Dodge-Challenger.html
Terry

Some pretty tempting looking stuff on there... has anyone ever delt with them?  seems wwwaaaaayyyyyy to good to be true.  You know what that usually means.

Yea something seems fishy there, haven't seen prices like that in 30 years... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration