Main Menu

It's Finally Driving

Started by Daveh, March 25, 2022, 09:58:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Well after 12 years it's 95% complete.  Got it started a few weeks ago and it's running well.  The 340 starts up every time and runs 170 degrees all day long in the Florida heat.  I still have to install the convertible top and a few small things but my daughter and I will be headed to the first cars and coffee tomorrow morning.  Everything has been replaced or rebuilt.  I installed a TKO-600 which shifts great, converted it to a shaker car.  Installed new floors, quarters, trunk floor, etc, etc, etc.  It looks great, is tight and runs great.

I'm very appreciative to everyone here who helped me out over the years.  This was my first Mopar.  I've been doing first gen Camaro's for 35 years and wanted to try something different.  Definitely not without it's challenges.

Here are some before and after pictures.  I love seeing where it came from.  Thanks again for all of your help.

Dave

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudajason

Man that looks awesome!

Congrats and enjoy the first run!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

headejm

Congratulations on a beautiful restoration! Now drive the wheels off of it!  :1place:

Jay Bee

No way that's the same car, you're fooling us.  :)) 

Just kidding, looks like an award winning transformation.  :yes:  :twothumbsup:  :bigthumb:  :woohoo: 

Mopsquad

What a great stance!  Have fun!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Enjoy the heck out of it! You deserve it, well done!  :bravo:

Jocigar

Congrats, looks fantastic !   Must feel great after all this time.    My daughter is also a classic car fanatic, so I now the feeling of going to shows together ...priceless  :bigthumb:

Dakota

Congrats!!!  That's an amazing restoration.   If you're like many of us, the last 5% will keep changing and growing because you're never really "done".   Go drive that puppy!

bentpshrods

Well worth the effort. That's a sharp looking car.  The secrete now is to drive the wheels of of it and enjoy your work.     :twothumbsup:

cudamadd

your first mopar . Well it's a nice one to have .great job enjoy  :australia:

Blowout

Awesome job. Bet it feels great!

Wayne

Congrats Dave!  It turned out great.  Now enjoy it with the top down before it gets too hot down there. :)
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

tparker

Awesome, love the color. I hope to be a couple months behind you. Looking to cranking up the engine in May and the final touches to get her rolling, and stoping, in June.