Main Menu

FOR SALE: '71 CHALLENGER 340 R/T

Started by MOPAR MITCH, February 18, 2024, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MOPAR MITCH

FOR SALE:: Recently discovered in backyard NW Chicagoland suburbs. Had not been driven since 1989 by the 2nd owner; currently not running but have turned engine over by hand. Was covered with tarp; complete car; no accidents; very rusty overall -- full restoration project for the right person. Original numbers matching 340 engine and 727 trans. Comes with an extra 340 (1970) that's inside the engine bay; original numbers matching engine sitting aside -- that's two 340 engines with this car; headers and dual exhaust. Sure-Grip 3.91; power steering; manual drum brakes; rear window louvers; rear wing spoiler; front and rear sway bars; ralley dash; dual painted door mirrors; 15x7 ralley rims; factory tinted windshield and all glass; black interior -- customer velour seats -- was a past show car. Front grille and rear tail light panel are in very good condition (no apparent damage). Electronic ignition.; 3-speed wipers; extra 26" radiator. Factory black R/T side stripes and R/T hood blackout. Extra ~1970 HP 383 engine (from a SuperBee) also comes with the package.

Production figures for 1971: 1 of 27,377 Challengers built; 1 of 4,892 R/T models; 1 of 1,078 R/Ts with the 340 V8; 1 of approximately 4.2% came from the factory in GY3 Citron Yella factory paint. This was an early production car (Nov 1970) -- that's why it has the 1970 model rear wing spoiler - original with car. Odometer shows original 96K miles.

Previous gentleman/owner used car for custom shows and drag racing -- has front tow bars. This car is truly very rare and deserves a full restoration -- again, very rusty overall, will need everything replaced.

Pulled just recently from the gentleman's back yard; currently being stored in heated/enclosed warehouse for viewing and inspection. Clear title in my hands. I'd love to restore this car and add to my collection, but I'll let it go to a good home and enthusiastic Mopar collector. Price is $22,500 PM me for more info; I have multiple pictures available. Can also be viewed on Ryan Brutt's Auto Archaeology UTube channel www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5APmp70v30

MOPAR MITCH

DeathProofCuda

Not a project for the faint of heart, but looks like a cool car to save.  Congrats on the the find and the sale.

Ricomondo

Quote from: MOPAR MITCH on April 02, 2024, 02:52:52 PMSOLD SOLD SOLD

Congrats Mitch! - Hope she gets a proper resto with the new owner.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

Didn't take long to sell, would be a great car to restore back to original....hope it gets the restoration it deserves
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration