Main Menu

FS: 1970 Challenger RT/SE FC7

Started by wldgtx, November 20, 2019, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

That's a nice car someone will connect on it if they're smart.
Sheldon

cuda dad

Price seems fair enough to me.  I really like the originality.  My conscience (wife) tells me to resist. :bricks:

headejm

@wldgtx Glad to hear you have some potential buyers. Your car is loaded! If you ever have to redo your advertisement/listing, I would highlight that it is a two tag car. Don't see a lot of those.  :ohyeah:

wldgtx

@headejm - That is a great reminder... I have updated the listing as one of the local guys commented on that as well.

Thanks again to all for the kind words. 
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

wldgtx

sale pending

wldgtx

For the love of...

I don't understand people  :dunno:, why would you come to see a car, show interest, even offer a deposit KNOWING you really aren't or cannot afford to buy it. :angry:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wldgtx

Quote from: anlauto on December 30, 2019, 06:41:40 AM
Selling a car is never fun... :('

Th funny thing is that I do not mind someone wanting to see it, asking questions, making ridiculous offers, or just walking away.  But to make an offer, and even go so far as to offer a deposit, but then to text me 2 days later and say "I really can't afford it"... Ugghhh.  But you're right Alan... it's not fun.

RUNCHARGER

Ugh: Hang in there. I had the opposite sort of happen when I offered up my two Challengers for sale. I wanted to keep one of them and figured I would keep the one that didn't sell. I had multiple offers on both and figured people would drop out but unfortunately no one dropped out and I had to keep my word and sell them both (along with having people P.O.ed off at me for not kicking the first guys to the curb). I just don't want to go through it again.
Sheldon

headejm

wldgtx

Quote from: headejm on April 23, 2020, 05:44:45 PM
@wldgtx Did it sell?

Not yet.  I have had several come and look at it.  Lots of interest, but I think the COVID situation slowed down many potential buyers.

70challengerrt

Beautiful car! Is the engine and transmission numbers matching?

6bblgt

Quote from: headejm on November 23, 2019, 04:07:21 PM
I was under the impression that only white longitudinal stripes were available with FC7? What am I missing?
My FC7 Challenger has a white stripe.

just for clarification - the chart is the "default" color suggestion (many "bumblebee" stripe colors are NOT even on the chart)

if you put a deposit on a RED R/T with a WHITE interior & a BLUE stripe ..... Chrysler would build it (the combination would simply be "not recommended" & may have required a written waiver "V08")

I took a quick look at the data I have organized - FC7 "plum crazy" 1970 Challenger R/Ts assembled at Hamtramck, MI

STANDARD V6? longitudinal "sport" stripe:
V68 "DELETE" - 27
V6W "WHITE" - 47
V6X "BLACK" - 23

OPTIONAL (at NO-Charge) V9? transverse "bumblebee" stripe:
V9C "plum crazy" - 1
V9W "white" - 12
V9X "black" - 9
V9Y "banana" - 1

OPTIONAL at $14.80 V5? body-side vinyl moulding:
V5X "black" vinyl insert - 9

wldgtx

UPDATE

So, I had a few people come to look at the car over the weekend and both people liked the car however they provided feedback that I am not sure how i feel about so I figured i would ask the masses.

Is the market down like they were trying to imply?  I have not heard this and maybe they were talking about the impact of the current situation with COVID19. 

Thoughts?

Chryco Psycho

I believe with the uncertainty right now people are being careful with any funds , But I also believe they were looking for a bargain . So yes there may be less buyers but no reason to drop the price if the car genuine  :alan2cents: