Main Menu

FS: 1970 Challenger RT/SE FC7

Started by wldgtx, November 20, 2019, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

Voodoo Child

Quote from: wldgtx on May 04, 2020, 07:42:25 AM
UPDATE

So, I had a few people come to look at the car over the weekend and both people liked the car however they provided feedback that I am not sure how i feel about so I figured i would ask the masses.

Is the market down like they were trying to imply?  I have not heard this and maybe they were talking about the impact of the current situation with COVID19. 

Thoughts?
:alan2cents: Beautiful car and well worth the money! Stick to your guns on the price! If you don't ""NEED"" to sell the car and don't ""NEED"" the money sit on the car till the right buyer with money comes along. Classic cars do fluctuate in price, but with the current situation they are money in the bank IMO. Wouldn't mind having it myself, could have book ends!  :yes:   

anlauto

The market may be Covid-19 slow, but that doesn't mean prices drop...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 04, 2020, 07:54:04 AM
I believe with the uncertainty right now people are being careful with any funds , But I also believe they were looking for a bargain . So yes there may be less buyers but no reason to drop the price if the car genuine  :alan2cents:

:iagree: X2

wldgtx

Quote from: Voodoo Child on May 04, 2020, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: wldgtx on May 04, 2020, 07:42:25 AM
UPDATE

So, I had a few people come to look at the car over the weekend and both people liked the car however they provided feedback that I am not sure how i feel about so I figured i would ask the masses.

Is the market down like they were trying to imply?  I have not heard this and maybe they were talking about the impact of the current situation with COVID19. 

Thoughts?
:alan2cents: Beautiful car and well worth the money! Stick to your guns on the price! If you don't ""NEED"" to sell the car and don't ""NEED"" the money sit on the car till the right buyer with money comes along. Classic cars do fluctuate in price, but with the current situation they are money in the bank IMO. Wouldn't mind having it myself, could have book ends!  :yes:

Thank you, I agree.  I will definitely be enjoying the car this summer while I work on the others. :tool:

Thanks for the kind words!
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

blown motor

I'm sure the buyers are hoping that the Covid situation will help lower prices but have they actually seen similar cars sell for less money. I doubt there have been enough cars sell in the last couple months to establish a trend.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

mjb765

Beautiful car!!! All original metal? You know when the last repaint was----it can't be original paint and look that good......   

RUNCHARGER

I love your car and it's very well worth what you're asking. I wouldn't drop a nickel.
Sheldon

wldgtx

Quote from: mjb765 on May 04, 2020, 04:28:21 PM
Beautiful car!!! All original metal? You know when the last repaint was----it can't be original paint and look that good......

Yes.  That is a really cool compliment.  I cannot say for certain when it was resprayed.  It gets a LOT of attention that is for sure!

mjb765

Quote from: wldgtx on May 05, 2020, 03:44:43 AM

Yes.  That is a really cool compliment.  I cannot say for certain when it was resprayed.  It gets a LOT of attention that is for sure!

And factory A/C...if it was a 4 speed I would be all over it.....still got me thinking though!!

Chryco Psycho

I is a beautiful #s car in a great color with cool options + AC it has to be worth 50K , Keep it & enjoy !!

wldgtx

Quote from: mjb765 on May 05, 2020, 08:03:57 AM
Quote from: wldgtx on May 05, 2020, 03:44:43 AM

And factory A/C...if it was a 4 speed I would be all over it.....still got me thinking though!!

I agree the 4 speed would have been great, but it is still a lot of fun to drive!

PlumCrazyRTSE

What a great looking R/T SE, FC7 and it has air.  :bigthumb:  It's worth every bit of your asking price.  If I didn't already have two, I would be there tomorrow with cash. 

Hang in there, the right buyer will come along.

wldgtx

Okay boys and girls, I am updating this to see if there is any more interest from this board (or if you know someone).

My frustration with people who have come to see it is overwhelming. 

I have been offered deposits to hold, conditional to get deposit back if they cannot secure the funds to buy (oooooo kay)?
I have been what appeared to be so close to selling to a couple who loved the car and came out twice to see it and the last time they brought their Mopar expert to look at it.  He was actually really cool, he looked the car over thoroughly and said to them that it was amazing.  The wife got all smiley and the husband was excited too, but they they had a hardship and I have not heard from them since.

I had a guy show up with a trailer, and then tell me I was crazy for not accepting his offer... I like this approach, I have done it myself when buying ATV's, but the offer was just too low.  I countered his offer with a number I thought was fair since he did seem serious and then he was not budging so he left.

So, I took the car out last night, went for a ride around the town spoke to a few people who "loved the paint"...  and now I am posting this update.  What do you all think?  My next move is to post it on Cars-on-line.com but before I do I will try here one more time.

RUNCHARGER

In spite of crazy asking prices right now a lot of people are hurting financially and scared to make a big purchase. Try different venues to sell it but you may have to put it in storage and try again next year is my opinion.
Sheldon