Main Menu

1970 Challenger - Castle Rock, CO VIN JH23G0E100135

Started by 303 Mopar, March 17, 2018, 04:45:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on March 18, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Strengthen it for what ? off roading ?  They look like crap, along with the driveshaft loop and the green rubber floor plugs :drunk:

Turning corners? These car flex whether you believe it or not.... Not everyone wants a car the same way you want them built.... I agree the green body plugs need to get replaced... Then again the whole green undercarriage could go....

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 18, 2018, 12:13:30 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 18, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Strengthen it for what ? off roading ?  They look like crap, along with the driveshaft loop and the green rubber floor plugs :drunk:
Turning corners? These car flex whether you believe it or not.... Not everyone wants a car the same way you want them built.... I agree the green body plugs need to get replaced... Then again the whole green undercarriage could go....

I put subframe connectors on my Cuda and Charger and not only do they help the car feel more solid by not allowing flex, everything fits better.

anlauto

Great thing about this hobby, is everybody has their own opinion... :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

I've noticed a few people knocking prices on cars for sale? It seems unless it's a blue chip collectible rare car it's not worth anything in some peoples eyes?  Regardless what engine it came with the cost to replace sheet metal is what it is Hemi car or /6. I'd say any rust free running/driving e-body has got to be worth $35k or more. Not everyone can afford or even wants a super collectible car. Some just want the nicest driver they can afford.  To actually drive!  They only made so many of our beloved E-Bodies. Look at the prices of a nice 68-72 Chevelle or Mustang, they made 10x the amount of those cars and it's not uncommon to see them sell in the 30-50 range for base models.Everyone knows E-Body parts have always been more rare and expensive than bowtie or blue ovals. The days of buying a nice driver for $10k are more or less gone, some people are living in the past so it seems?
This particular car IMO is a pretty good deal at $35k .... try to build a rot box to this level ( flaws and all) I'm pretty positive you will spend much more than $35k 

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
It is hard to build a car like this for 35K & it looks like a fun driver that you don't have to worry about too much

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on March 18, 2018, 03:07:26 PM
I've noticed a few people knocking prices on cars for sale? It seems unless it's a blue chip collectible rare car it's not worth anything in some peoples eyes?  Regardless what engine it came with the cost to replace sheet metal is what it is Hemi car or /6. I'd say any rust free running/driving e-body has got to be worth $35k or more. Not everyone can afford or even wants a super collectible car. Some just want the nicest driver they can afford.  To actually drive!  They only made so many of our beloved E-Bodies. Look at the prices of a nice 68-72 Chevelle or Mustang, they made 10x the amount of those cars and it's not uncommon to see them sell in the 30-50 range for base models.Everyone knows E-Body parts have always been more rare and expensive than bowtie or blue ovals. The days of buying a nice driver for $10k are more or less gone, some people are living in the past so it seems?
This particular car IMO is a pretty good deal at $35k .... try to build a rot box to this level ( flaws and all) I'm pretty positive you will spend much more than $35k

I don't see anyone saying its not worth anything, but if your paying 35K or more I think it's foolish not to at least consider future value....  Maybe I'm living in the past but 35K is still real money...

The paint is shiny, but apparently it's two different colors, who knows what quality the paint & bodywork is....It's not currently a drivable car... 

340challconvert

Wow, tough crowd!
It would make a great driver for that money that could not be duplicated for less.
It is not being sold as a high dollar numbers matching trailer baby.
Maybe someone wants a driver that looks good for a decent price?
Many members here have added frame connectors; tightens up the car, or other mods that have been done here.
Look at the cost of the sheet metal or engine build alone. How about the 6pk air cleaner, rebuild dana rear?
A lot of money spent here. Of course a real 6pk in this condition would be at least 2x the asking price.
Projects (not hemi's or 6pacs or T/A's) sell above 20k.
As Brads pointed out; Chevelles, early Camaros and others in worse shape sell for more.
Chryco's comment is also on target
:iagree:
It is hard to build a car like this for 35K & it looks like a fun driver that you don't have to worry about too much

:driving:
This could be a nice, fast and reasonably priced driver for someone!
:stayinlane:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Yes: You have to be careful all right. I still think there is a lot there though. The outer paint is done, underhood needs a scuff and shoot and the trunk floor needs a few hours spent on it. However with the underneath condition, rebuilt engine, new Dana 60,l rebuilt trans and six pack setup you cannot get to this point for the money it would take to buy this car. Ad says he has all parts to complete so if that means, exhaust, interior etc. there is a lot of value there. I There is a place in the hobby for everyone and I think the place that likes a car like this one is a quite large percentage. This car would be an easy sell once you put it together. When you look at asking prices on cars with terrible looking underhood let alone under car appearances.
Sheldon

xx88man

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 18, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
Yes: You have to be careful all right. I still think there is a lot there though. The outer paint is done, underhood needs a scuff and shoot and the trunk floor needs a few hours spent on it. However with the underneath condition, rebuilt engine, new Dana 60,l rebuilt trans and six pack setup you cannot get to this point for the money it would take to buy this car. Ad says he has all parts to complete so if that means, exhaust, interior etc. there is a lot of value there. I There is a place in the hobby for everyone and I think the place that likes a car like this one is a quite large percentage. This car would be an easy sell once you put it together. When you look at asking prices on cars with terrible looking underhood let alone under car appearances.

:iagree:  I think it's a pretty good value. Solid 1970 E-body cars are pretty desirable. This would make an awesome driver without having to worry too much about something bad happening to it.
Keep yer foot in it

303 Mopar

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: He should take a week off work and screw it together. Otherwise he is going to be losing $$$$.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2018, 07:11:04 PM
Yeah: He should take a week off work and screw it together. Otherwise he is going to be losing $$$$.

Weird how people get so close then throw in the towel.... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I read the original post and figured okay, something bad happened and he needs money or whatever. Then in the ad he wants to trade, so yes he better just buckle down and finish what he started. If he can't do it himself send it to someone who can finish it up, then sell it for way more $$$.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 20, 2018, 07:53:20 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

Weird how people get so close then throw in the towel.... :huh:
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2018, 08:30:31 PM
Yes: I read the original post and figured okay, something bad happened and he needs money or whatever. Then in the ad he wants to trade, so yes he better just buckle down and finish what he started. If he can't do it himself send it to someone who can finish it up, then sell it for way more $$$.

I talked to the guy and it is an ugly personal situation. He does not want to look at the car let alone work on it, he just wants the car gone.  While I agree that finishing it would bring more money, I can sympathize with his feelings.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon