Main Menu

Has this AAR on EBay been discussed?

Started by Cuda_mark, May 01, 2019, 06:58:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Be a nice car once restored, but I think without a broadcast sheet, matching numbers engine and transmission, his asking price is a little optimistic  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

Am I missing something? $12,500 plus for a vin, cowel piece and radiator support? Oh yeah a title. Throw in a new daycorn body (if you can get it) and a 340-6 (if you can find)...wow. :o

Crocha617

Quote from: superdave on May 01, 2019, 08:31:10 AM
Am I missing something? $12,500 plus for a vin, cowel piece and radiator support? Oh yeah a title. Throw in a new daycorn body (if you can get it) and a 340-6 (if you can find)...wow. :o
No Dynacorn Cuda bodies. In fact I don't even think you can get a Challenger one anymore.

RUNCHARGER

Dynacorn cancelled the Challenger bodies.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

The cowl and radiator support also have the VIN stamped.

Shouldnt there be a VIN stamp in the trunk lip too?

Rich G.

Would it be worth it to build an AAR around a dash and a radiator support? Forgot that insane price but can you call it a real AAR even if it's done right? Buyer beware I guess.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Rich G. on May 01, 2019, 08:46:30 AM
Would it be worth it to build an AAR around a dash and a radiator support? Forgot that insane price but can you call it a real AAR even if it's done right? Buyer beware I guess.

To most of us? NO!! To some without ethics? Absolutely...  Some say it's a crime, I would like to believe it is...

However to many cars have been sent  to public auction being honestly listed as "Rebodied" & those cars haven't been confiscated, the owners haven't been arrested or prosecuted....

Honestly I tend to wonder in many of those cases if whether the seller bought the car as legit, found out the truth & is selling trying to recoup some of their investment while being honest & disclosing what they know....

js27

Quote from: Cuda_mark on May 01, 2019, 08:36:49 AM

I do not believe so--my numbers matching 70 R/T does not have a trunk lip vin. I pretty sure it was only B -Bodies.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

Once again the fine line where you can replace every single part of a real car piece by piece & it is Ok vs replacing the unibody & changing the rad wall & cowl from a real car , where do you draw the line ??  :wrenching:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: js27 on May 01, 2019, 09:01:10 AM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on May 01, 2019, 08:36:49 AM

I do not believe so--my numbers matching 70 R/T does not have a trunk lip vin. I pretty sure it was only B -Bodies.
JS27

:iagree:

superdave

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 01, 2019, 08:35:33 AM
Dynacorn cancelled the Challenger bodies.
Yes, a screaming shame, in my opinion (and I kind of go both ways on that). And that's kind of my point.  You'd surely have more that 20k in buying a project and getting it in decent shape. I'd like to see them all saved but by definition this one wasn't and it would take someone with really deep pockets and not caring about burning through the cash to get this "back on the road".  :crying:

RUNCHARGER

Honestly, I don't know what to think either. On the one hand I like to see them saved even if it takes a bunch of work. One thing I know for sure is that I wouldn't want to own it.
If a VIN hasn't multiplied or changed is one thing. When they change or multiply it's certainly another thing and it's called fraud.
Sheldon

6bblgt

& the Dynacorn bodies legally were/are meant as "kit cars" not bodies for displaced VIN tags

anlauto

Dynacorn has been spitting out Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang, tri-5 Chev, pick-up truck, etc... bodies for years...nothing new here  :dunno:

Whether or not they are used with new State issued VINs or used as a replacement shell....it doesn't seem to matter to the rest of the world, why should it matter to a Mopar guy ?
Whether or not you want to own a car like this is your choice. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration