Main Menu

How I got completely scammed............

Started by gmcderm, February 08, 2021, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SgtSuperbird

For all the bad press eBay gets, I was the victim of an elaborate vehicle scam, two years ago. After filing a police report (required by eBay's VPP), within about 3 weeks I received every penny back. I was definitely lucky.

As others have posted, don't be afraid to reach out to members on these car sites. They live everywhere and many are more than happy to go check out a car for you. Or, use a reputable inspection company that provides a report and detailed pictures. I have used both since that scam, and I'm 0 for 3, in purchasing the vehicle, after getting my report back. It's well, well, well with the money.

Another thing to consider, and this is just a random thought about disappointment, when you view the product in person: what one person see as in excellent condition, may only be in "OK" condition to you. It's so much better to look for yourself.

anlauto

When I sold my AAR Cuda the guy had sent a credited auto inspector out....this guy did an incredible job, spent for hours there checking every thing....As we talked, he told me he had been paid by this guy (the buyer) to inspect six cars so far....and that the guy had past on all six...mine past the test and the guy bought it...but he must have laid out a couple of grand on inspections before finding the "right" car  :dunno:

In this case I put ALL the blame on the inspection company. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SgtSuperbird

"In this case I put ALL the blame on the inspection company."

I agree. You put your trust in a "professional" to be your eyes. That's what you pay for.

Marty