Main Menu

Center cap doesn't completely lie flat on Wheel Vintiques wheels

Started by 70pumpkin, January 06, 2020, 12:28:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70pumpkin

Just inspected my order of WV 15x7 rallye wheels at the tire shop.  I noticed that my original center caps (from 14-inch rallyes) don't lie as flat as on my original wheels.  There's more space than I what I currently have.  Is this normal?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

bc3j

Quote from: 70pumpkin on January 06, 2020, 12:28:51 PM
Just inspected my order of WV 15x7 rallye wheels at the tire shop.  I noticed that my original center caps (from 14-inch rallyes) don't lie as flat as on my original wheels.  There's more space than I what I currently have.  Is this normal?
My 15x7 WV 69 series wheels with their rallye centers fit like your picture. I cut down the mounting posts to fit flat and used slightly shorter mounting bolts.

70pumpkin

I could do that.  Even though the gap is only about 1/8-inch or so, it is noticeable especially when you're used to seeing it flush. 
Thanks for the confirmation - wanted to make sure the wheels weren't defective.

anlauto

This is an original '390 rim with an original center cap.

Check out the size of these rear tires  :unbelievable:  "L"s mounted on original rims...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

bc3j

For those interested, here are my police wheels with rallye centers and the trim down posts. Hope the view angles are ok.  The car's in bed for the winter and not a lot of room. Got to load the pics one at a time. Sorry.

70pumpkin

Turns out my original center caps do fit the same on the Wheel Vintiques rallye wheels -- guess it got pulled in closer once the bolts were tightened.  Attached are pics with the old wheel and the new wheel.

anlauto

heywodja

bc3j

Quote from: heywodja on January 24, 2020, 11:07:43 PM
Quote from: bc3j on January 11, 2020, 01:50:01 PM
Pic 2

Are those wheel vintiques center caps too? or are they mopar?
The centers are from a reseller, wheel_parts_usa. Not sure who actually made the centers they sell, but they are pretty good quality and I'm happy with them. Also bought an additional single center from Summit, which was WV 5001-A and they are identical so I think they're WV.