Main Menu

In the hunt for a '71 Cuda 340 4spd with no A/C.

Started by Fish Tale, January 09, 2019, 09:21:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fish Tale

70 Challenger Lover

You may need to get an automatic and convert it to a four speed or settle for a bh car and build it to fit exactly what you want. As you know, your looking for a car that everyone and his brother also wants. Doubtful someone will steer you towards a smoking deal or sell you the one they have been holding onto. For the most part, these cars have all been found and restored and they sell for $75k. I have found several like what you want on the Internet that have been up for sale for a while, many in that price range.

You never mentioned a price range.  Tell us a price range and we will post something from an Internet ad if it exists.

I've been searching for the exact car you are for many years and I recently settled on a bh in an automatic simply because it was within reach. At some point, you may have to compromise on what you want or dig deep to pay the crazy prices people are asking.

Fish Tale

Those found and restored ones are definitely out of my price range.  I know of two on the internet that have been for sale for a while now.  Not going to settle just yet.

anlauto

Did we ever discuss what your budget is ?

A 1971 340 4spd Cuda is a pretty tall order in any condition...I doubt you'll find anything decent for under $50K unless you're into modified clones and such.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fish Tale

Quote from: anlauto on July 04, 2019, 06:39:16 PM
Did we ever discuss what your budget is ?

A 1971 340 4spd Cuda is a pretty tall order in any condition...I doubt you'll find anything decent for under $50K unless you're into modified clones and such.

Nope, haven't really discussed a budget.  I don't want a complete rust bucket or a restored one...maybe something in the middle?

70 Challenger Lover

Not to be a dick but checking in every two months to renew your ad with us isn't going to find you your car. Many of us find cars and create separate posts in the cars for sale. No one is going to recall that once upon a time, some new and rarely heard from poster we don't know is looking for a very specific and highly desirable car. I'm pretty sure what you want has come up at some point during the year. Those cars get grabbed up fast so you have to be active and have cash in hand ready to make that deal fast. Lots of Mustangs and Camaros for the tire kickers out there but what you want sells in days, if not hours.

Think about what you want for a minute. It's a highly desirable car and they didn't make a lot of them in 1971. They made less in the Cuda. Not all Cudas had the 340 so your pool is shrinking. They made even fewer of them without air. And fewer still with four speeds. Most of them have been restored but you want one that's unrestored. Of the few that haven't been restored, those have lots of rust (like all 50 year old cars do) but you want the unrestored one that's mostly rust free. You have deliberately been avoiding putting out a budget so that means you expect to find this little unicorn for a steal of a price. Oh and you are not willing to settle. You want what you want.

There are tons of active members in here that engage in conversation and chime in with useful information in an effort to give back to others. I know of several who would kill to find the car you are describing and because they are active, they stand out in my memory. If I find the car, they are going to have first crack at it. Sorry but that's kinda how it works in life.

Rich G.

I had a 71 Cuda 340 4 speed shaker hood and sold it for $2,800.00 because it got a rust bubble on the quarter panel after the body shop painted the entire car in lacquer for $700.00. As you can tell that was a very long time ago and I never saw it again. If we only knew. Now I paid 3K and the guy handed me the paint supplies! They're out there somewhere. Good luck.