Main Menu

M46 Barracuda on eBay

Started by cuda dad, March 12, 2020, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Yup, you'd wind up way ahead if you did it that way...

1 Wild R/T

You build beautiful homes, you deserve a nice Cuda.. Why sell yourself short? You obviously put to many hours into building houses to invest the hours it would take to restore some of the cars you buy... Put some money aside & get something your proud of... :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Since i can't show you a beautiful cuda, here's what I created this week. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Cool, a shower for people to lazy to stand up in the shower...  :rofl:  Seriously though, I've been impressed with allot of the stuff you post, you build nice stuff, you have the skills & the eye for it..

And when I say I'm impressed by what you post I need to add just not the junk you drag home... You can do better... There are times I feel like I'm kinda harsh on ya but it's because you are your own worst enemy... I've seen so many guys do the same thing grab lots of cheap stuff cause they had cash burning a hole in their pocket... But never have something nice cause they spent the cash before they had enough to get something nicer...

RUNCHARGER

I have to agree with Wild. I've known lots of Mopar guys over the years that never have anything nice and have never actually driven a Mopar. They end up with an acre of junk and nothing to show for it. Life is short, sell all the parts cars and put the money into a nice, drivable Mopar. I've had multiple Mopars at once but always at least one, functioning, plated Mopar that drives well and turns heads. Otherwise, just collect model cars it's cheaper. I guess this works for some guys and that's fine but there is no point in it for me.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

The older I get the more I understand this.
I'm in the beginning phase of selling off many items I have.  Barracuda's last though.

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 22, 2020, 08:09:42 AM
I have to agree with Wild. I've known lots of Mopar guys over the years that never have anything nice and have never actually driven a Mopar. They end up with an acre of junk and nothing to show for it. Life is short, sell all the parts cars and put the money into a nice, drivable Mopar. I've had multiple Mopars at once but always at least one, functioning, plated Mopar that drives well and turns heads. Otherwise, just collect model cars it's cheaper. I guess this works for some guys and that's fine but there is no point in it for me.

I always get a kick out of people saying they can't afford a muscle car, but have huge collections of other collectables...100's of die cast cars .... :haha: :haha: My older brother complains he's broke, can't afford to keep his daily driver on the road, but has an abundance of very cool over priced RC cars :drunk: seriuously ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Another point I agree with Wild about is the time issue. We all love to restore these cars and it should be therapy. However if you rip it all apart and then after a month can't find the initiative to work on it 10 or 15 hours a week after dragging your butt home from work maybe you'd be better off maxing out those hours at work where you make a good living and pay for a done car or someone else to do the car. My rule is if I can't get a car done in one year I'll sell it instead of looking at it sit and collect dust.
Everyone's personal situation and values or different of course but I always think it is good to be honest with yourself and not drag yourself down with stuff in your life that doesn't return some amount of pleasure rather than stress or anxiety, okay got to get back to watch another rerun of Dr. Phil.
Sheldon

anlauto

:iagree: I agree and to further the point we all need to realize that the hobby is different for every one of us....I enjoy the restoration process more then the owning/driving aspect, others enjoy hoarding parts or parts cars with no ambition to do anything with them, others like large collections of shiny restored cars they never drive....

Point is....it's all good....If someone enjoys 10 rusty projects more then one shiny trophy queen.....all the power to them  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I think I'm somewhere inbetween.  I like parts, rare parts especially.  I'll probably never own the cars they go on as they are too expensive.  I really like driving.  Even if it's a beat up car, driving it around is pure pleasure.  But i like having some rusty old crap around to look at for reference and for nostalgia.  However, I spend something like 15-16 hours a day working on homes and in my latter life here I have less time to fiddle around with cars in the garage.  I get one day a week.  Today I'm putting a carter carb back together (minus dash pot cup and non broken primary venturi).  Gotta get it out of the garage as I want to work on my cuda and the lincoln is blocking my harley in. 
  Just not enough time in life for all the things I love.  Shoulda been born a millionaire. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 22, 2020, 10:07:55 AM
  Shoulda been born a millionaire.

For many years I told my dad that I was angry with him... I always felt I'd be really good at being born rich... LOL..  Only thing is if I were rich I'd be to busy traveling to play with old cars.... 

71383bee

There's a lot of sound advice here. I have a good friend who had been in a similar situation. For around 20 years he collected several awesome finds but most were complete projects. He had some nice basic driver mopars...a 72 Satellite, a 72 New Yorker, and a 78 step side truck.  He's got a sweet 400 GY8 72 charger rallye that has been pulled apart and sitting on a rotisserie for years now.

Last year he found out about a GB2 71 super bee being sold from a collection. He was very troubled at having to pull a loan to get it.  From some strong talk like above from me he pulled the trigger and got it home. After a quick mild rebuild he got it on the road and managed to enjoy a solid year with the car and I think it changed his life. He is so happy about it. He says the loan was the best thing he ever did. And he's now actually putting money aside and getting parts for his rallye to which he's even more motivated to get done. Taking a little risk can get you a lot of reward in this life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

chargerdon

I guess i'm a total idiot !!   Without the rare option it looks like a $1,000 donor car at best.   I guess if you really really want an M46 Barracuda and their that rare then i guess its worth the $7300.   

But, my question is why do you want an M46 Barracuda...just because their rare?   Hell until i read this i didn't know what it even is, but then i googled it.   To find out it is fake scoops on the bottom of the quarter panel, and some black out paint...   Whoopee...  i just don[t get it !!!   Its kinda obvious that the reason that their so rare is that nobody wanted fake scoops on a plain Barracuda, so the option didn't sell, and that's why its one year only.

I guess I'm stupid....   Cause...I don't get it !!   

Here is one for ya,...  If ya like rare.    East Coast Classic Cars (Lillington, NC) has a white 1969 Firebird sitting in their showroom with a price of $140,000.   see: https://www.ecoastcc.com/Car/14256    Why are they asking $140,000 for a far less than perfect 69 Firebird with 400 cubic inch engine?   BECAUSE ITS 1 of 1 !!   Doesnt get any rarer than that !!  why so rare...because it has a 3 sp manual in it.   It is the only 1969 trans am with a 3 sp manual !   Who the hell would order one like that?   Oh, by the way, its been sitting on the floor with that price now for about 3+ years since first being put on the floor.   

JS29

No one orders a three speed manual transmission, That's the base model transmission.  :yes: