Main Menu

Nice looking AAR Mecum, auctions

Started by Brads70, June 30, 2020, 04:02:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I bet it's an older restoration.  Before the repro E60 Polyglas tires were released, guys used to use the F60s often on the front for their restored T/As and AARs.  Some would cut a little piece of white lettering off a scrap tire and glue it to the F to make it say E!
As for the manual steering, it stinks, the thing I dislike most about my T/A, but since most of these cars were low optioned it seems like most do have manual steering.

Chryco Psycho

Perfect !! Black 4 spd no console !!

kdcarman

Quote from: JH27N0B on July 01, 2020, 07:13:38 PM
I bet it's an older restoration.  Before the repro E60 Polyglas tires were released, guys used to use the F60s often on the front for their restored T/As and AARs.  Some would cut a little piece of white lettering off a scrap tire and glue it to the F to make it say E!
As for the manual steering, it stinks, the thing I dislike most about my T/A, but since most of these cars were low optioned it seems like most do have manual steering.

Good catch!  I had an AAR that had been previously restored in the 90's and had the F's on the front.  I was actually thinking about cutting a little of white letter to make them look correct. 

Older restoration likely won't pull $175k. If it goes at the predicted price $110k - $120k, plus commission - that's alot of money for an AAR with an older restoration. 

JH27N0B

I'm very interested in learning out what effect current events are affecting car values and auctions.
The results of Mecums recent Eddie Vannoy auction seemed high.  A FJ6 AAR with many minor restoration mistakes shows sold there at $115K. Indy starts next week, and Indiana is tightening up restrictions so I wonder if they will allow spectators?