Main Menu

71 Challenger convertible on Hagerty auctions

Started by JH27N0B, September 01, 2023, 05:51:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

I'm struggling with seeing this at the $72.5 price.
It looks well worn and would need some attention. There is a much better option at $55k on this board.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

Agreed!
The undercoating on the firewall and passenger inner fender is pretty ugly.  It reminds me of a Coronet I looked at last year a guy who owned a car wash and auto detailing business was selling.
Him and his son had made a lot of progress removing undercoating without destroying the underlying paint but it looked like it was a nightmare job, even for professionals.
I assume some aftermarket company like Ziebart or Rusty Jones did that back in the day.  Factory undercoating never got up unto the firewall or inner fenders like that.
I'm suspicious the seller, a broker, had shill bid it up looking for a "sucker" to come in at $75K.

71vert340

Umm. Yeah. With the paint job, I would have at least rechromed the bumpers. I have never seen rear shocks that rusty - original?
Terry W.

RUNCHARGER

50/50 car the way it is. You need to be 50 feet away from it to think it's worth $50k.  It needs $20k spent to make it a $50k car. I like the concept just fine but it's well worn.
Sheldon