Main Menu

Nice original 70 R/T on eBay

Started by benlavigne, February 28, 2018, 01:05:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

Looks great to my untrained eye, nice history, lots of pics. I am a sucker for the Blue/Blue combo!
Repainted, and most of the interior has been replaced, so you can't call it a survivor, would you continue the refurbishement underneath, too?
It would definitely need a new exhaust!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-R-T/142687589324?hash=item2138d7d3cc:g:7eYAAOSwUwFaNqrB&vxp=mtr
Picture gallery:
https://jpegbay.com/gallery/006676706-35.html#35

Ben

headejm

That is a nice looking RT with good options but far from perfect. It would all depend on the quality of the paint and whether or not you would be happy with it as a driver. Otherwise, it needs paint, unknown body work required under the paint, drivetrain rebuild, front and rear suspension rebuild, odds and ends like steering wheel, wipers, etc. and you will need to spend $30k to $40k to get it really nice. He is asking $55k which I feel is too much. I'd be happy under $40k with a thorough inspection. Car is worth about $55k after you do all of the work. My car is pretty much in the same category as this one. Lower miles (42k), RT/SE, but still nearly 48 years old and I wasn't happy with just having a driver. I'm basically redoing everything with zero regrets. Can't wait to finish it! :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

I agree: That is a nice looking car.
Sheldon

superdave

Looks pretty sweet.  8) Right up front, I don't have very deep pockets. Seems on the high end for a driver but the price of "project" cars seems outrageous lately. :thinking:  :Thud: 

erik70rt

I've never seen a car with blue body side mouldings.  Neat car.  But I agree - overpriced. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RzeroB

And it has the coveted A35 Towing Package!!  :ohyeah:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

340challconvert

Nice Challenger RT and I too love the blues!
But it is  :unbelievable: 55k car.
At least clean up and detail the engine compartment; just as a start.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible