Main Menu

Original 440 6 pack 4speed Dana rear end shaker hood

Started by nsmall, November 03, 2019, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

nsmall

But its only $37,000.  How much should a car like this really cost?  I am assuming the engine is rebuilt?  He could do a little more on the description like telling whether or not the engine is numbers matching.

Chryco Psycho

40k into the body
15 k easy into missing parts , trim ring , shaker carbs & linkage etc not mention new grille & trim front & rear .
Interior 5 k
Rechrome bumpers ,
Rebuild diff , springs , suspension etc
you would have 140 k into that in no time & sale price maybe $125k

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: nsmall on November 03, 2019, 08:57:47 PM
But its only $37,000.  How much should a car like this really cost?  I am assuming the engine is rebuilt?  He could do a little more on the description like telling whether or not the engine is numbers matching.

Look closer, the engine appears to be empty, total investment $6.99 for the Krylon Overhaul...  BTW Nice Challenger front valance inside the car.

Chryco Psycho

wrong valve covers , steering wheel & seats , who knows what trans is there , 18 spline or ???
Engine , pullies , fan , shroud , rad , you could have 20 k just in the engine compartment
Not much there for the price even assuming the body , vin & tags match as there is no pictures

three two barrels

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: three two barrels on November 03, 2019, 10:27:33 PM
Cool paint from back in the day.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not even close to useable.....  It would be cool to know the history of the car from back in the day but there's nothing there to justify the price....  It's fixable but it won't be cheap...

anlauto

To justify the asking price you would need to know about the matching numbers, broadcast sheet, etc... and it would be nice to know about the amount of rust. It likely requires another $100K investment to make it nice.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pink aar

I think it's a little high. I have a friend that just bought 2 yes I said 2 70 v code shaker hood cuda  for 25k a piece, they are both complete cars one 4 speed and one auto.  oh yea he got a 74  parts car also in the deal.  I thinks it's a little high, but I'm sure someone will pony up for it. I would like to have it myself, but not for that kind of CASH.

kathyscuda

raise of hands.
who here has 130k . a year to wait .. for this car to be on the road. and then your never gonna drive cuz it may be too pretty.
not me. I prefer a nice driver 30k to 50 k 340 cuda any day.

E74cuda

I looked at this cuda when it was previously for sale. It is what I would call really rusty. Didn't have the original motor and if you look closely at one of the pictures there's an automatic brake peddle. I can't remember if it was 4spd or auto. Also at that time there was no fender tag or build sheet.

nsmall