Main Menu

Questionable AAR for sale

Started by GrandpaKevin, January 04, 2019, 04:15:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

Probably NOT a picture of the actual car in it's current condition and the ad isn't too descriptive but for those who might be looking for a project.

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/mantua-aar-cuda-1970/6782040940.html

Rich G.

If it's a project car and he's showing that picture I can imagine what the real car looks like if he's afraid to show it! Got to love Craigslist

RUNCHARGER

Might be a time waster but you never know.
Sheldon

canadianclassics2

Looks to have SCAM written all over it...

Crocha617

Quote from: canadianclassics2 on January 04, 2019, 07:53:29 AM
Looks to have SCAM written all over it...

It's Legit and I think it's pretty good deal. If I was looking for another project I would of bought it a few of days ago.

anlauto

I don't think it's a scam, I think it's a lazy seller that doesn't mind being braided with phone calls....
I think the asking price is pretty typical of an AAR with documentation, however more info would be nice....I guess one would have to just pick up the phone.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on January 04, 2019, 10:12:46 AM
I don't think it's a scam, I think it's a lazy seller that doesn't mind being braided with phone calls....
I think the asking price is pretty typical of an AAR with documentation, however more info would be nice....I guess one would have to just pick up the phone.

I texted him a few days ago and he sent me a drop box file with like 70-80 pictures in it within about 2 minutes. EV2 auto, fender tags, buildsheet. Metal work is done, a bunch of new & extra parts, TA engine/components apart but looks complete, new dash pad, fuel lines, brake lines, restored carbs, intake, airfilter, etc.... Looks like a nice project. Can be had for $21k if you don't want all the spares. Sounds like a real nice older guy I was tempted to buy it and figure out what to do with it later but it is in a million pieces and pretty far away from me. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

Cuda_mark

The "million pieces" part is what scares me. I've already done one car that I bought in pieces and I swore I would never do it again!!

Crocha617

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 04, 2019, 11:06:31 AM
The "million pieces" part is what scares me. I've already done one car that I bought in pieces and I swore I would never do it again!!

I hear you... been there done that as well. I was more worried about the transportation aspect. His photos show lots of parts. I think you would want to pick this one up in person considering the value of the engine components,etc... I'd hate to send a transporter to pick it up and have him just throw the TA block in the back of his pickup truck without understanding how valuable it is....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GrandpaKevin

Area code looks to be in N.E. Ohio.

anlauto

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: anlauto on January 04, 2019, 12:17:42 PM
Well that's not too far.... :)

If the car is legit it would be the perfect car for you Alan.

Sounds like most of the high $$$ parts are there and the most needed things are labor and assembly expertise. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on January 04, 2019, 12:23:41 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 04, 2019, 12:17:42 PM
Well that's not too far.... :)

If the car is legit it would be the perfect car for you Alan.

Sounds like most of the high $$$ parts are there and the most needed things are labor and assembly expertise. :alan2cents:

What would I do with the AAR project car I have now ?

GrandpaKevin

Offer it for sale, either as is or completely restored by you.