Main Menu

Red on Red 4spd T/A

Started by LoStHeMi, June 05, 2022, 03:10:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ragtopdodge

Good looking car.

However at that price, would want a fully painted underside and not just black spray bomb.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Ad says it ended at 65K. 

Pictures for posterity. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I have a question for those who know.

Is the black out correct above the fender tag at the fender attachment seam?

cuda hunter

Sweet car!

It does appear that when the repaint was done that the bottom was not cleaned. There is a lot of surface rust visible above the exhaust pipe.  That part and apparently some of the other nooks and crannies were not painted on the black spray bomb bottom.

anlauto

$65K Is way low, but the $125K asking price is insanely high for a car in that condition.. :alan2cents:

Maybe somewhere just under $100K  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Bossgold

I think there will be a price shift pretty quick in the next 6 months especially when the summer driving season goes into Fall/winter. Free money is over, the markets are shifting, even Hagerty has made note. I think its becoming a wait and see market.....cause I have already found several Cuda's and TA's that are well below the $ 100K mark. People who waited to sell will start turning now. Sure, they are hard to come by but they pop up once a month or so and the prices I have seen are $ 63K -$ 74K and these were four speeds (2 TA's one red the other Blue). Its like Housing, the minute the interest rates went up the multi offers declined. Gurantee, this Red TA won't make  $ 124K

JH27N0B

The car looks like an older restoration to me. The underside with the crude black spray painting is a big negative.
I still think it went a tad low if it looked good in person.
I'm wondering where the car market goes now.  My best guess is the higher end stays hot, as the wealthy guys who play in that area don't need to borrow money and thus aren't concerned about interest rates.
The low and middle ends of the market are far more vulnerable. The days of pockets full of handouts and low interest rates are over!
Another factor that benefits the upper end of the market is that wealthy investors are in a tricky  spot now trying to figure out where to invest. Bonds are getting hammered, the stock market is on the skids, and interest rates on money markets and CDs are still low.
Hard assets are a logical place to invest and that includes collectibles like cars. So don't count on buying a nice real AC Cobra, COPO Camaro, or concours numbers hemi cuda cheap anytime soon!

HP_Cuda

That price is optimistic at best.

Spray bombed the exhaust too really? Jeez  :bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Bossgold

@JH27NOB I think your correct.....But I wonder if the interest rates keep excellerating ( only way to really fight inflation) will people start putting there cash in high interest savings. And Money will no longer always be readily available (Current market people had free cash, house piggy banks, etc.) for the quick buy. Lower and middle markets or (projects/nice drivers) will open up and as always estate sales will bring more supply to market. Wondering on lower end, if supply chain part issues and resto shop resolve (fewer projects in pipe) will enable the supply and more cars to be on the market. ON the high end, no rust cars, orig sheet metal, numbers match with all their parts, number 3 or 4 paint will always command good money but rising tides raise all ships....until the Sun, Earth and moon apogee alignment takes effect. So we'll see what happens. One thing I  have noticed...a lot of people that know nothing about these AARs and TAs bought them up the last two years(auctions/dealers).....and the cars have sat in the garage. A lot don't know how to work on them and shops dont make any money fixing them so its getting harder to maintain these classics. Now, as the interest is waning, economy is changing and seems the auction buyers with no emotional car attachment lately have begun to sell. Supply of cars for available will increase, demand will change and prices will adjust