Main Menu

WANTED: Driver car - FOUND

Started by xx88man, November 26, 2018, 03:51:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

So now that I have sold my full-on project I am in the market for a decent driver car. Definitely a car that is COMPLETE. My preference is a 70 or 71 Challenger manual shift car but will consider all. Engine isn't that important as I will probably make improvements on the car as I drive it. I really would like a car that doesn't need metal repair. An older restoration maybe. I would also consider a car that has had body and paint done but needs to be put together. Might consider the right B body or A body car. On top of it all it would be nice to find a car in Canada since I am in B.C. Canada and I'm spending Canadian dollars. My budget is about $30 000 CAD. I'm not in a hurry but would like to buy this winter. PM me if you have something that you think I might be interested in. Thanks. I believe I have found one. Thanks again
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Good luck! Ha, ha, I think we may be looking for the same car though.
Sheldon

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

js27

I just saw a add for a original 66 Plymouth. 426 HEMI -console auto-- running -driving car that is said to be survivor quality with just early paint work done. The car looks pretty nice and if I wasn't selling off my cars and parts I would buy this in a heartbeat Photos look good--has power steering-power brakes and power windows-rare for a 66 Hemi Car all for $38,000.00.
JS27

RUNCHARGER

I seen that as well and it's pretty tempting. PW make it pretty cool too.
Sheldon

Cdnchallenger

Hi,  1st time poster to this site. I am considering selling my 70 Challenger. It needs a bit of work with the power steering but other then that it needs nothing. I have owned the car for about 7 years and driven the car  about 2 blocks in total. LOL. I lost interest in cars a few years back for some reason and am having difficulty getting the passion back. I may post the car in the W.I.W. section to get an idea of its value 1st. I am in Ontario close to the Toronto area. :cheers: :canada:

Steve

xx88man

Quote from: Cdnchallenger on November 27, 2018, 10:17:48 AM
Hi,  1st time poster to this site. I am considering selling my 70 Challenger. It needs a bit of work with the power steering but other then that it needs nothing. I have owned the car for about 7 years and driven the car  about 2 blocks in total. LOL. I lost interest in cars a few years back for some reason and am having difficulty getting the passion back. I may post the car in the W.I.W. section to get an idea of its value 1st. I am in Ontario close to the Toronto area. :cheers: :canada:

Steve

Hi Steve, I'm interested. I'll send you a PM
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

How about a 72 ? This one looks to be in @Brads70 's neck of the woods, maybe he knows the car ?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/barrie/1972-dodge-challenger-r-t/1389850677
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
How about a 72 ? This one looks to be in @Brads70 's neck of the woods, maybe he knows the car ?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/barrie/1972-dodge-challenger-r-t/1389850677
Looks like a nice car, few minor taste issues like steering wheel, gauges etc... Never seen that car around here before. I don't recognize where pictures were taken either?  Phone number is Toronto area code but still might be local here?

jordan

That Challenger looks nice.  It wouldn't take much to make it your own taste.  If it were me buying this, I would buy the Hotchkis TVS kit today on sale with some brakes and drop it into this car that has a rust free body, nice paint, interior, T/A hood and spoilers, and a stroker big block with a 4spd!  And if bought for just a few grand less, you would be into it for only $40k with killer power,  handling, and brakes like a modern muscle car.  Does it have to be a 70 or 71?
"Don't brake until you see God!"

xx88man

Quote from: jordan on November 27, 2018, 03:05:05 PM
That Challenger looks nice.  It wouldn't take much to make it your own taste.  If it were me buying this, I would buy the Hotchkis TVS kit today on sale with some brakes and drop it into this car that has a rust free body, nice paint, interior, T/A hood and spoilers, and a stroker big block with a 4spd!  And if bought for just a few grand less, you would be into it for only $40k with killer power,  handling, and brakes like a modern muscle car.  Does it have to be a 70 or 71?

I'm not in a hurry to buy so I'm going to hold out to try to find a 70-71. I have a couple leads already so I'll see what happens.
Keep yer foot in it

blown motor

@xx88man I see by the thread title that you found a car. What did you get?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodgemania

xx88man

I have found a couple of different 71 Challengers..... I put a deposit on one but I won't get to see it until April.... I don't know how I can wait that long! When I have made the purchase and have it home I will post pictures.
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody