Main Menu

WANTED: Looking for a car

Started by blown motor, December 08, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I'm looking for something to add to the stable. Possibilities include 70 Cuda, 68 or 69 Coronet RT, 68-70 Charger RT. I want a 440 4-speed in black. The Cuda would have a red hockey stick stripe, the B bodies a red tail stripe. I took a run at the one below but it was a scam. Numbers matching and fender tag are NOT mandatory. If anyone comes across something like this or similar I would appreciate it if you would let me know.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

redgum78

Quote from: blown motor on December 08, 2018, 04:07:04 PM
I took a run at the one below but it was a scam.

Good luck with your search, what a shame the one pictured was a scam.
For mine and others awareness what was up with it? Was it one of those- send us the money and we will send you the car type deal or something else?

blown motor

I googled 68 Coronet for sale and found one from Battlecreek, Michigan. So I replied to it and kept searching. Then I found one in Troy, Michigan with a phone number. I searched the number and it was from Louisville, Kentucky. Then I found one in California. All three had the same picture! Red flag, red flag! So the guy emails me and over a couple emails each way here's the story. Him and his wife moved to the Netherlands to work for a couple years and took the car. When he went to register it he had to pay a big import fee that he wasn't aware of so now he's selling it. If I send him my address he'll pay the shipping and send it to me C.O.D. I have two days to inspect it, test drive it and have a mechanic check it out if I wish. If I don't like it he'll give me back my money and have the car picked up and taken to his home in the US. The car is still registered in the US so the title transfer will be easy. I replied asking for a picture of the VIN tag on the dash, the door sticker and the registration. Haven't heard from him since. I never sent my address, any money or personal information. It's too bad it was a scam because it's a sweet looking car and ticks all the boxes for what I'm after.

redgum78

Yeah that sounds like a red flag which is a shame. Occasionally one comes up that seems like a scam and turns out to be legit but best to go in with your eyes open!

Good luck with it, one will come up sooner or later.

blown motor

Just bringing this back up as I'm still looking.

70 Challenger Lover

You should try to make the trip to Southern California in April for the Spring Fling. There are always lots of cars like these for sale. Can't say you will find the condition or options you want but it's a huge gathering so lots of potential cars there. Plus it's a great show.

jimynick

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on January 13, 2019, 07:09:37 PM
You should try to make the trip to Southern California in April for the Spring Fling. There are always lots of cars like these for sale. Can't say you will find the condition or options you want but it's a huge gathering so lots of potential cars there. Plus it's a great show.
LOL, do I see a road trip in Murray's future?! The money's burning a hole in his mattress and the lad's positively with child to get his mitts on a hot, black Dodge or Plymouth and this is just adding to the fire!  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"