6bblgt

is that all the '70 Challenger that $40K buys?  :dunno:

no front sway bar
not '70 bucket seats
not '70 console
not '70 seat belts
not '70 correct vinyl top
etc.

I understand it's not a numbers matching "collectable" piece, is it just a $40K driver/cruiser :takemymoney: what's the upside?  :notsure:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 02, 2018, 08:47:38 PM
is that all the '70 Challenger that $40K buys?  :dunno:

no front sway bar
not '70 bucket seats
not '70 console
not '70 seat belts
not '70 correct vinyl top
etc.

I understand it's not a numbers matching "collectable" piece, is it just a $40K driver/cruiser :takemymoney: what's the upside?  :notsure:

:iagree:  40K has to buy more than I'm seeing.....   

RUNCHARGER

Not a $40k for sure. The paint and interior look nice on top but I'd check that body over carefully. Even with a perfect body the price is off though.
Sheldon

anlauto

I don't know how things work in the States.....But I don't think you can buy a solid project and get it to that level for $40K...doing all the work, including body and paint yourself even... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on December 03, 2018, 07:28:53 AM
I don't know how things work in the States.....But I don't think you can buy a solid project and get it to that level for $40K...doing all the work, including body and paint yourself even... :alan2cents:

Agreed, but there are probably better finished cars available, I think 40K is a nice budget for a buyer...

Ben

6bblgt

it's a hobby, where monies invested do not equal monies received when sold

long gone is the era where you could purchase a $10K car, put $25K into it & have a $40K end result

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 03, 2018, 11:01:52 AM

it's a hobby, where monies invested do not equal monies received when sold

long gone is the era where you could purchase a $10K car, put $25K into it & have a $40K end result

Ain't that the truth  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration