Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

B5fourspeed

headejm

Yes, I would love to own that car. Problem is you can't drive it around after spending X millions on it. That car will go into some rich person's collection. It has a lot of miles/kilometers on it so someone has driven it quite a bit in the past 50 years. Nothing really holding the car back...I'd say $2.4M.  :alan2cents:

ledphoot

five million.. I love the car but wouldn't want to own anything so irreplaceable. You just can't drive it and leave it unattended.

anlauto

Already a long thread about the car....not going to meet reserve is my guess
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

Or this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-383-pistol-grip-4-Speed/124649516515?hash=item1d05b0ade3:g:6VUAAOSwokNgKCSU

maybe because I don't have millions to piss away on a car.. Maybe my perspective would be different if I was loaded.

JH27N0B

Quote from: headejm on April 02, 2021, 03:28:11 PM
Yes, I would love to own that car. Problem is you can't drive it around after spending X millions on it. That car will go into some rich person's collection. It has a lot of miles/kilometers on it so someone has driven it quite a bit in the past 50 years. Nothing really holding the car back...I'd say $2.4M.  :alan2cents:
Cool thing is that Tom Lembeck does drive it.  I hope he ends up not selling it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmnLzjQZTHw

ec_co

Quote from: TX9AAR on April 02, 2021, 04:11:47 PM
If the car is insured for millions could it ever be wrecked so bad that the cost to repair is more then the value?

never (unless it is literally burned to a crisp of ashes with no VIN/body #s). it's not an uber rare Ferrari where parts are no longer available or reproduced where you would have to hand fabricate a bunch. all parts are still a Cuda at the end of the day with plenty of parts available to restore it back to perfect for way under $1mill.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

I have to admit that even if I had the cash I would also buy a "lesser" car and drive it. Owning ornaments just isn't my style. I like to thrash my stuff a bit and put it sideways when I feel like it. Different strokes for different strokes as they say. If I was more into "collecting" cars I would collect stuff that represented the ultimate race cars at that time, such as a 4 speed Hemi Daytona and most likely a 4 speed 70 HemiCuda that Ronnie Sox dominated Pro Stock with, then maybe a 65 Hemi car and a 68 Hemi Barracuda.
Sheldon

rftroy

70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

mccannix

RzeroB

Quote from: mccannix on April 02, 2021, 08:06:04 PM
Manual, fold down convertible top.

Up until about 10-12 years ago, I didn't even know there was a "manual" top.  I always thought every convertible had a power top as "standard" equipment ... at least ones that I owned did.  :yes: 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

JS29

Quote from: ledphoot on April 02, 2021, 04:17:20 PM
Or this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-383-pistol-grip-4-Speed/124649516515?hash=item1d05b0ade3:g:6VUAAOSwokNgKCSU

maybe because I don't have millions to piss away on a car.. Maybe my perspective would be different if I was loaded.
I would love to own that car, Factory 383 4-Speed gran coup convertible! That has to be rare, My hard top is one of 341 produced. How meany of the convertibles could have been built?  :drooling:

ledphoot

Quote from: JS29 on April 03, 2021, 07:28:37 AM
Quote from: ledphoot on April 02, 2021, 04:17:20 PM
Or this:

I would love to own that car, Factory 383 4-Speed gran coup convertible! That has to be rare, My hard top is one of 341 produced. How meany of the convertibles could have been built?  :drooling:

I asked my wife about getting this car last night, and she loved it, but she said this "Sure....But you have to let go of the Cuda you have if you get this one"...

Sorry, but I won't do that. :(