Main Menu

UPS lost a 2229171 master cylinder

Started by JH27N0B, November 18, 2020, 10:29:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I just got a call from Brad at Brake and Equipment Warehouse.  He's not in a happy place now, as he'd restored a 2229171 for a customer in Washington.  He shipped it back to the customer but UPS apparently lost it!  If anyone knows of a core or rebuilt one for sale, let him know as he needs one to replace his customers part UPS lost.
The customer asked it be insured at $400 but UPS didn't even put the requested insurance on it so apparently all they will get is $100 from them.

anlauto

Tell the UPS guy I'll give him $400 for it  :veryexcited: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Ups guy drives a Mopar needing the exact same part.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Rich G.

If he has a tracking number they will know where it was scanned last. Every time someone touches it it gets scanned. If he insured it he would have gotten a receipt showing it was.

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

Chryco Psycho

I don't like or trust UPS . I highly doubt it was an accident especially not putting insurance on it after asking for it .
Sad story

JH27N0B

I've heard many bad stories about UPS and Fed Ex, and repeated tales that it's almost impossible to get paid off by them in insurance claims if your shipment is damaged or lost.  I've always had great luck with the USPS but lately I've heard some tales of woe with some of their deliveries.  USPS partners with Fed Ex for a lot of services so maybe that explains some of the problem.

fc7cuda

Ouch!!

I hear the 171 cores are going for quite abit too, not sure $400 would have been enough insurance.  :alan2cents:

Sometimes things get lost and them found 2 weeks later, so  :fingerscrossed:

Purepony

Oh damn! I don't even know what I would do

7E-Bodies

Yep, $1,000 seems to be the going rate. When I shipped my 9171 to Brad, I put $1000 insurance on it and made sure Brad understood I wanted that much on it on the return. Man, that sucks. Brad is a great guy.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Rich G.

Mopsquad

I wouldn't give up.  Ask him to trace if he hasn't already.  They lost my new computer coming from Staples for 3 weeks.  Finally just showed up out of nowhere.  It's happened more than once, so don't give up hope. 

340challconvert

Really seems difficult to trust the shipping services; some employees are just thieves and I have a hard time understanding why they tolerate behavior that damages their company's reputation.
I posted elsewhere here about ordering from AMD and Fed Ex delivering an empty tube with the end opened up and the part gone, Not sure why someone stole a rear bumper extension panel for a 70 Challenger?  :pullinghair:

Fed Ex sends me a letter that they have no responsibility for the loss  :pokeeye:
AMD was kind enough to send me a 2nd panel.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Purepony

Quote from: 340challconvert on November 19, 2020, 03:38:57 PM
Really seems difficult to trust the shipping services; some employees are just thieves and I have a hard time understanding why they tolerate behavior that damages their company's reputation.
I posted elsewhere here about ordering from AMD and Fed Ex delivering an empty tube with the end opened up and the part gone, Not sure why someone stole a rear bumper extension panel for a 70 Challenger?  :pullinghair:

Fed Ex sends me a letter that they have no responsibility for the loss  :pokeeye:
AMD was kind enough to send me a 2nd panel.

I don't know I don't see any one going out of his way to steal a master cylinder since most people don't even know what that is.
If it was an Apple product all day long

But you never really know I guess

1971Y13

I bought a B&M converter and during shipping it just disappeared from tracking, seller tried phone them several times whitout result, I gave up considered it as lost, after another 10-12 weeks it showed up at the shippingaddress, wrapped in a garbage sack filled with sawdust, it had started to leak that's why they did that, luckily it had a plastic cap or it would be filled with the sawdust, it took longer time but finally it arrived.
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX