Main Menu

WIW 2229171 Master cylinder

Started by 68bee, December 28, 2020, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

68bee

Im looking for a master cylinder to rebuild for my 1970 cuda  # 2229171. What is the going price for one needing a rebuild.

anlauto

Needing a rebuild, look at paying around $500-$750 USD :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

68bee

JH27N0B

I'd say $400-700. Be careful though, when buying cores you need a decent core.  If the sealing top edge where the cap sits is pitted, that will be a problem.  If the sides are pitted enough the date code might be obliterated, though if you're not doing a numbers resto, that might be ok.  I'm not sure any shows have classes that judge to that amount of scrutiny anymore anyway?  But certainly that would put the value at the lower end of the scale.  Bad rust in the reservoirs would make me nervous too.
Missing cap is a drawback, but the right one can be found as it was common with several other MCs.  Bale wire seems unique, so if a core is missing that, you'll have a very tough time finding a correct one.  I think the OE rebuild kits had a new bale wire, but how many OE kits still exist and how much will you pay if you found one for sale?