Main Menu

1970 Challenger Bumblebee Stripe Decal

Started by RSI700VIPER, September 18, 2020, 05:46:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RSI700VIPER

I know that challenger bumblebee stripes were originally painted on using a stencil but that only works for a new paint job when you paint the stripe first then stencil over the stripe to paint the body color.  My car is already painted.  Does anyone make a decal stripe kit that can be applied after the car is painted?   

R/T's 4 R/P

70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

RUNCHARGER

I've never seen one. Any good wrap/vinyl sign place should be able to get it done though.
Sheldon

6bblgt

I recently added this to a driver with rattle can base clear "touch-up" paint (and many cars have been "restored" with the stripe on top)

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: After the beavertail fell off the trailer ramp dinging up my trunklid, mine ended up being painted again and came out even with the orange.
Sheldon

anlauto

I think member  @benlavigne had his done in a wrap, but I would be all about the rattle can  :tool:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

Those painted on stripes look great.  Does anyone have the dimensions? 

headejm

Finoke

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on September 19, 2020, 06:18:31 AM

I have an awesome vinyl wrap guy that will come to your house and do whatever you need in any color. Just give him the dimensions. Shoot me a text if you want his number.

Tom

Finoke

Quote from: Finoke on September 19, 2020, 11:16:56 AM
Quote from: RSI700VIPER on September 19, 2020, 06:18:31 AM

I have an awesome vinyl wrap guy that will come to your house and do whatever you need in any color. Just give him the dimensions. Shoot me a text if you want his number.

Tom

FYI, he also installs billboard stripes flawlessly. You know how hard that is.

challengermaniac

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 18, 2020, 07:52:30 PM
Ha, ha: After the beavertail fell off the trailer ramp dinging up my trunklid, mine ended up being painted again and came out even with the orange.

Was it just the trunk lid so that painter could just clear coat the new whole lid?

Can you provide the modern day paint code info for the White Stripe?  Thanks
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

RUNCHARGER

My painter painted both the quarter stripes and trunk stripes when that incident happened. I may have some of that paint but I'll have to dig for it. I can't remember the brand now but I can take a look Monday most likely.
Sheldon