Main Menu

1970 challenger fender tag ??

Started by scrambler1000, August 07, 2022, 03:03:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scrambler1000

Hi All
I have a question about a fender tag. The tag list A62 but does not have N85 listed. All tags i have seen alway list both. Also the tag list N96 but the car was built November 7. From what i read they stop offering N96 shaker from Oct 11 thru April 14. My question is does the tag look legit? could it be a factory mistake and the N96 should be N85?

autoxcuda

Fake take called out on Facebook.

The marks were intentionally put on the tag to make it look weathered. But they are not typical inspectors marks.

Intention to deceit.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

scrambler1000

Quote from: autoxcuda on August 07, 2022, 03:24:17 PM
Fake take called out on Facebook.

The marks were intentionally put on the tag to make it look weathered. But they are not typical inspectors marks.

Intention to deceit.

Is there a facebook page link with the call out? How can you tell it's fake tag and not a factory mistake? I need to know what to look for?
thanks

autoxcuda

This group.

There was a tag it represented. But doesnt clearly show N96. The dates don't match for N96 and it's said there that pre-restoration photos didn't show hole for shaker cable.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

scrambler1000

Thanks for the info. So many scammers out there. Now looking at the rust on the tag i wonder if the car was rusted out so bad they did a re-body. They are passing the car off as a rust free original body. the cowl stamp also looked a little funny

70vert

that is a very "precise" stamping, at least compared to mine. not saying it is fake (maybe mine is) but I'd be a bit skeptical.

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: scrambler1000 on August 07, 2022, 03:03:11 PM
Hi All
I have a question about a fender tag. The tag list A62 but does not have N85 listed. All tags i have seen alway list both. Also the tag list N96 but the car was built November 7. From what i read they stop offering N96 shaker from Oct 11 thru April 14. My question is does the tag look legit? could it be a factory mistake and the N96 should be N85?

As discussed, yes, it is a repro tag and the original tag is 99% likely to be code N85 at that location on the tag versus the wishful N96. Good catch on your part for N85 being mandatory on the tag for the A62 - Rallye Instrument Cluster Group.