Main Menu

C15 code on fender tag 1970 Challenger

Started by benlavigne, February 18, 2019, 05:48:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

I am having the fender tags on my car reproduced, the originals are lost and the current ones have errors on them.
C15 deluxe belts is a rare option, it is confirmed on my car with broadcast sheets and shipping manifest. I have never seen it on a fender tag, including some hi-dollar cars at MCACN that have the option, so I thought it should not be on a fender tag, since it would not be needed for the body shop.
Then a friend sent me this, looks like an original tg to me...
This is a fairly early car, maybe it's one of those cases of the code used at the start and not later on?
My car is late-build, June 1970...
@6bblgt what's your opinion?
Thanks!

Ben

70 Challenger Lover

Sure looks authentic to me. Even has slight pitting.

JH27N0B

My B24 SBD Challenger convertible has the deluxe seat belt option.  And C15 is on my fender tag, to the right of B51 also.

6bblgt

I don't have a pic of a real tag with C15 after February, don't know if it went away or the OPTION became less popular  :dunno:

benlavigne

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 18, 2019, 07:58:30 PM
I don't have a pic of a real tag with C15 after February, don't know if it went away or the OPTION became less popular  :dunno:

Thanks @6bblgt , do you mean that the code on tag went away, or the option it self? My car is June build and does have the option.
Is it common for such codes to be used on tags only for a certain period?

Ben

RJChallenger

Ben . What mistakes do you think your current fender tags have?  The picture you sent me a while back has a SPD of 521 is that one of the mistakes. Your car was 5 cars behind me on the line. I've always believed my door sticker said 5-70 I cant find the pictures I took , and was very thrilled when you sent a picture of your tag with 521 on it. I'm getting ready to order a new door sticker . As I have no build sheet or manifest or fender tag and you do . Could you verify from your documentation a May(5-70) or June (6-70)Build thanks  Rob

benlavigne

Quote from: RJChallenger on February 19, 2019, 06:36:20 AM
Ben . What mistakes do you think your current fender tags have?  The picture you sent me a while back has a SPD of 521 is that one of the mistakes. Your car was 5 cars behind me on the line. I've always believed my door sticker said 5-70 I cant find the pictures I took , and was very thrilled when you sent a picture of your tag with 521 on it. I'm getting ready to order a new door sticker . As I have no build sheet or manifest or fender tag and you do . Could you verify from your documentation a May(5-70) or June (6-70)Build thanks  Rob

Rob,
SPD is May, but Door sticker says June.
Tags were missing A62 and A66
I'll send a pic once I get home.

Ben

6bblgt

@benlavigne is the door sticker original, got a pic?

I have pics of 2 May sheets with C15, so yes the option was still available

benlavigne

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 19, 2019, 08:27:50 AM
@benlavigne is the door sticker original, got a pic?

I have pics of 2 May sheets with C15, so yes the option was still available
Thanks @6bblgt , I do have two sheets and a shipping bill to document that the car has C15.
I was mistaken before, SPD is 5-21 and door sticker is 5-70.
What I need to confirm is if the code should appear on the FT. Do you have info on the FT that were with those May sheets?

Ben

6bblgt

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 18, 2019, 07:58:30 PM

Ed

Mine has it

benlavigne

Here is another tag that looks original, with C15, to add to this thread for future searches!

Ben