Main Menu

1970 Challenger ribbed dash question

Started by Finoke, August 05, 2018, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Finoke

Is there only one turn signal indicator on a 70 Challenger ribbed dash? I know it sounds crazy but I thought all e body dashes had left and right turn signal indicators on the dash. I'm I crazy? Am I missing something obvious?

anlauto

Obvious ? Yes.
The turn signal indicators are it the Speedometer on standard dashes.
What you're looking at there is the "high beam", oil, and brake indicator lights...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Finoke

Quote from: anlauto on August 05, 2018, 06:22:05 PM
Obvious ? Yes.
The turn signal indicators are it the Speedometer on standard dashes.
What you're looking at there is the "high beam", oil, and brake indicator lights...

You are da man Alan, I thought I was going nuts! That helps. I'm going to have to get in there and replace the bulbs and see whats what.  :banana:

Finoke

It looks like I'm also missing the clock adjusting knob  :Thud:

JS29

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the steering column black on standard gauge cluster cars. and interior color on rallye dash cars?   

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on August 06, 2018, 06:09:24 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the steering column black on standard gauge cluster cars. and interior color on rallye dash cars?   

Yes, but the signal indicators are still in the speedo :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

Finoke

Is that true for LA built cars too? Here is a ratted out interior picture of my car.

anlauto

Quote from: Finoke on August 06, 2018, 04:05:28 PM

Is that true for LA built cars too? Here is a ratted out interior picture of my car.

Interesting :thinking:

Rich G.

Me and cudagirl3406 have the same color car and interior but on her car the column is green and mine is black. Other then hers having a rally dash, I guess that explains why mine is black. Learn something new every day.

6bblgt

Quote from: Finoke on August 06, 2018, 04:05:28 PM

red seems to be an exception to the rule, there are red and black columns with both dash clusters (maybe an early/late "thing" ??

TomIGo

Hello,  I know the post I am replying to is very old, but I am hoping someone can help me answer a question.  At the beginning of this post are pics of two different sets of  "1970 Challenger" standard dash gauges.  Which is the "real" set of original 1970 gauges???  There are very obvious differences between the two.  Can someone answer this for me??  I have a 1970 Challenger I am working to restore and is why the question comes up!

Dakota

What differences are you seeing?   The last gauge position on an OE standard (non-Rallye) cluster can have either an optional clock or a a blank spot with something that looks like a big plus sign on it.   The second picture has a small stub in it which is (I believe) a fader switch for the radio speakers.  Otherwise, both look like the standard dash on my 70 Challenger except that I added an aftermarket tach to fill what had been the blank clock location.

anlauto

I think he's talking about the printing on the actual gauges, see the difference at the top of the needles  :rubeyes:

Jay Bee

Picture edited from Premium Dash Decals website. They sell both styles but don't say what's what.