Main Menu

1970 Challenger TA Planning Letter from May of '69

Started by Cuda Cody, February 20, 2017, 10:39:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

Interesting they did not refer to the correct paint color names and only a console if automatic.

Cuda Cody

:haha: :haha:  :rofl:  :haha:

Quote from: Brads70 on February 21, 2017, 05:51:05 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 20, 2017, 08:19:38 PM
Did you guys see that they were original planning a Vacuum Powered Articulating Rear Wing!  That the driver can activate from the RimBlow steering wheel.  How cool would that have been.   :lookatthat:  Someone should build a T/A based on the original plans.   :cooldance:

That would be so cool to see! Better than a 4 door....... never mind.  :stop:

70chall440

That would have been stupid expensive for its time.
Mopar or no car!!!

6bblgt

CRAZY ideas stated in that 5/13/69 letter, but I think we've seen some of those ideas

low profile radiator for an aerodynamic fiberglass front end -  :thinking: DIAMANTE and/or '72 prototype
vacuum actuated & 1/4 panel applique rear spoiler -  :thinking: YELLOW JACKET/DIAMANTE
hidden headlights -  :thinking: DIAMANTE

I thought I'd seen mention of G60-15s on all 4 corners w/radiused front fenders - the source/cause of the persistent "SPECIAL TRANS AM" fender rumors - but H60-15s all around would've been AWESOME!!

& I'd bet the "high fade resistant friction material" brake linings is the reason for the "SPECIAL" front disc brake code on a "TRANS AM" broadcast sheet. (something that did make it to the production cars?)

Cuda Cody

:clapping:  I think you might have found the mystery build sheet T/A code!!!!!   :worship:

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 21, 2017, 01:20:25 PM
& I'd bet the "high fade resistant friction material" brake linings is the reason for the "SPECIAL" front disc brake code on a "TRANS AM" broadcast sheet. (something that did make it to the production cars?)