Main Menu

Good Quality Battery

Started by ledphoot, April 24, 2019, 02:50:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 24, 2019, 09:28:11 PM
Cool... I'll try to escape from my world.. LOL... FWIW I've used a few of the Cooper fuse panels, very clean, no preinstalled pigtails, you crimp the connectors direct to your existing wires, format relays & fuses for your needs....  Lots of options from relatively cheap to $$$$, the connectors are weatherpak, the lid has a finned seal.... Nice stuff, OE or better quality... BlueSea is nice but I never cared for the pigtails that you splice to...

Agreed with regards to the pigtails.. You'll see why I went with the BlueSea 100 in a few months when I start dialing in all the electrical stuff.. It'll make sense I promise ;)

I still owe you lunch.

Brads70

Quote from: Topcat on April 24, 2019, 08:04:14 PM
Quote from: ledphoot on April 24, 2019, 07:46:35 PM
From what I have been reading, Northstar is probably the leading battery on the market at the moment....

This XS V3400 just looks the part.. It's ALMOST as good as the Northstar, but not quite. It is better than an Optima.

Undoubtedly the Northstar, /X2,/ Sears Platinum, is the best battery on the market.
Most reserve of any battery made in North America.

But they come at a cost on price and weight.

They use virgin lead on the plates which creates the most reserve possible.

Almost every battery manufacturer uses Calcium as a cutting agent to "stretch" out the lead a little more.

They adopted the drug dealer theory.   ::)

Interstate is made by Johnson Controls.
Both the Optima and their wet cells are made there last I checked.

On your advice I went with the Northstar battery in mine, so far so good! Yup they are heavy!

Topcat

A heads up for those using the Northstar battery.

You need a much better battery charger for these.

The one recommended is (that I would use and own) is:

https://no.co/g7200

Notice the Amp hour at 7.2
It's what you need to be at for these type of AGM batteries.

It needs more amps to fully charge them.