Main Menu

1970 Challenger Wiper Motor w Standard Gauge Dash

Started by RSI700VIPER, October 01, 2019, 02:01:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RSI700VIPER

Could you get a 3-speed wiper motor with a standard dash?   My T/A challenger has a standard dash but has a 3-speed wiper.  Most pictures I see of T/As and AARs that have standard dashes do not have 3-speed wipers. 

JS29

Yes, J25 I think is the code on the fender tag  :alan2cents:

FlatlandTA

Have been told and believe it to be
Standard gauges 2-speed wiper
Ralleye gauge pkg 3-speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anlauto

Rule of thumb is as stated above, but I believe 3spd wipers could be ordered separately  :alan2cents: but then again, I could be wrong....Dan ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

I have a J45 on my fender tag, but no J25.  Would that mean my car definitely did not have a 3-speed wiper?

anlauto

On a 1970 Challenger RT J25 is NOT on the tag even though it was standard on all RT's.....So that's a good question for JH cars like your TA.... :thinking:  We need @6bblgt  on this. Dan ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FlatlandTA

Scrolled through a whole host of Ralleye and non ralleyeJ0B fender tags I have pics/info on no J25 on tags. On these anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xx88man

My 71 Challenger has a standard dash but has the optional 3-speed wipers. Don't have a picture of the tag with me but my car was built this way so yes it was an option.
Keep yer foot in it

Jay Bee

According to Bulletin FB-DD, yes it was an "E" Extra cost, otherwise it would have said "N/A". Also, looks to be standard on Shaker cars, Rallye dashes, and 440 6pk & Hemi engines.