Main Menu

help with a clone

Started by dmastr3665, September 21, 2019, 08:59:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

I wouldn't worry about feeling bad about modifying that car you posted. It's already highly modified and with a cage, probably not easily returned to stock. That'd be a good car to do whatever you want to.

dmastr3665

well I finely found my doner car for my 71 clone project, it not in the best condition but it is a solid car no rust and the price was very good i believe. I have no idea what it originally was but its a 74 so its nothing rare.  I paid 18000.00 and had to drive 16 hours each way to get it. it has a 1972 440 motor with some work done to it. il attach a few pics

70 Challenger Lover

So are you still thinking of switching the front and back end to mimic the 71?

Brads70

Quote from: dmastr3665 on February 06, 2020, 06:44:10 PM
well I finely found my doner car for my 71 clone project, it not in the best condition but it is a solid car no rust and the price was very good i believe. I have no idea what it originally was but its a 74 so its nothing rare.  I paid 18000.00 and had to drive 16 hours each way to get it. it has a 1972 440 motor with some work done to it. il attach a few pics

Congratulations!  Are you driving it as it for now? They always need something done or "undone" that previous owners did.  Solid is the best part to hear as paint/rust repair/ body work gets expensive quick!

JS29

Seems like every time i restock my cabinets the price of something went up.   :headbang: paint has gotten ridicules.   :alan2cents: 

dmastr3665

yes that is the plan, iv bought the marker lights and the tail lights before i found the car, i figure after spending so much on just that im committed. I want to clone the Phantasm car except for the wheel flares. as for driving it now No its just in the garage until i figure out what all needs to be done. I have a cobra that's going to Mecum auction in March and until that sells i wont have an extra penny for this car. I dont know why these things are so hard to find, they are either totally done and cost a fortune or they are a rusty piece of junk. I feel very fortunate to have found something in between that i could afford. on the trailer and ready for its new home. I will post more as i work on it.

dmastr3665

i think my biggest dilemma is what im going to do with the interior, the outside looks nice but the interior is a hot mess, the last owner was turning it into a drag car and pulled a lot of stuff out of the inside, id like to put a cage in it and find some kind of high back seats that actually slide back and forth, seeing its a 74 and already half hacked up I don't feel too bad about making it like i would want it.