Main Menu

1970 Cuda and Challenger Small Rear Valance Reinforcement Brackets

Started by kent_goins, February 22, 2017, 12:17:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I was purging some stuff for moving last week and threw about 3 of those away. Some cars must have gotten them I guess.
Sheldon

RusTy/SE

During disassembly, looks like my 70 had them (the small brackets)...

Fender Tag SPD 109, Hamtramck build.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RusTy/SE

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

B5Cuda440-6

I also asked about those support brackets on MoParts several months back, because I'm also missing them. My 70 Cuda is a LA Build, B21 SPD and according to the individual who originally disassembled my car for restoration, it never had the brackets installed. I've also been told they were discontinued shortly after the start of 70 model year production, but have never been able to validate an actual switch over date.

What's interesting is that Chrysler eliminated a component of car that is contained in all the period documentation, but I have never seen a TSB or other Chrysler documentation informing dealers of the change. I would have thought something would exist.

Rob

Dakota

Is this the same rear valence bracket?  This was in a parts box but I did not know where it was used.  I only have one.

70 Challenger with a SPD in January 1970.

EDIT:  forgot to include photo

Huskidrive

When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You....It's Huskidrive!

DeathProofCuda

plymth70

My cuda had them. Early october build. Ended making a set. can make more

benguin

My early November 1969 Hamtramck build 'cuda does not have the brackets, but there are unused holes where they would mount.  (and the inspection shows I have some cleaning work to do in that general area!)